Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Football Topic
That was painful to listen to (I listened to it on the radio). Liverpool were played off the park for the whole game. There were a few bad decisions by the ref in the first half, and we had a disallowed goal, but if anyone thinks the game could have been much better for Liverpool if the referee decisions went our way, then they're a moron.

Agger's early injury was a blow, our midfielders were the main trouble causers. They didn't do enough. They should have provided something for our forwards to do something but they never did. Especially Andy Carroll, he's a target man and so relies on other players, and if the midfielders don't do the business then he can't do much. The two red cards didn't help much, especially the first one. Charlie Adam's second booking was deserved but the first one was questionable.

Spurs deserved every point and goal in that game, and to be honest they should have had more. There were times when it looked like Spurs showed mercy and missed on purpose.

Modric, Bale and Adebayor had an amazing game.

MOTM from the Liverpool side? Even though he conceded 4, I'm going to have to say Reina, followed by Lucas then Enrique.

MOTM from the Spurs side? Tough call, they all played well. I think I'd have to go with Modric, followed by Adebayor and then Gareth Bale. Harry Redknapp did well to keep hold of Modric and Adebayor looks like a good buy, and I'm sure Spurs fans will be able to forgive him for playing for Arsenal.

Hopefully the lads will take the Carling Cup game serious on Wednesday against Brighton (away). They should NOT struggle against Brighton, even if we put a weakened squad out, but of course last season we lost to Northampton in the 3rd round so anything can happen. Stevie Gerrard should be available for the Carling Cup game, and hopefully Martin Kelly will be able to make an appearance. I hope Bellamy starts against Brighton too.

A win against Brighton might cheer the team up and allow them to put in a better performance again Wolves (at home).
PSV's goalkeeper Tyton got knocked out by his own defender. Currently still in hospital. Everything is going alright though they say. No fractures, just concussion.
PSV vs Ajax - Tyton Knock Out

PSV 2 - 2 Ajax.
fulham 2-2 man city.

btw last week fulham blackburn 1-1, while rovers managed to get on fulhams side of the pitch for 2 times imo. COYW pure quality
Quote: link=topic=22551.msg402417#msg402417 date=1316361843]
PSV's goalkeeper Tyton got knocked out by his own defender. Currently still in hospital. Everything is going alright though they say. No fractures, just concussion.

PSV 2 - 2 Ajax.

That defender who collided with him...he was rolling around holding his knee! His team mate's unconscious because of him and he's rolling around like a baby. Compared to what he did to the keeper, the head touching the knee is nothing.

That's unfortunate for PSV and it looks like it prevented them from getting a win.
Charlie Adam is an absolute cunt, it's not enough that he hacked down Bale last season and ruptured his ankle ligaments, he thought he'd come back for another go - I hope terrible things happen to him on the pitch this season.

Tottenham near their best, scousers near their worst pretty much sums it up.
Quote: link=topic=22551.msg402417#msg402417 date=1316361843]

PSV 2 - 2 Ajax.

Zware hersenschudding
lol.
First, an uncalled offside(Man U).
Second, a missed penalty[(everything's coming back, remember Terry in 2008 CL final)Man U].
Third, a missed 100% goal(Chelsea).
Fourth, another missed 100% goal(Man U).

Moral of the story(match):
Shit teams.
Nah. Just a shit sport.
Brighton 1 - 2 Liverpool

Liverpool beat Brighton in the Carling Cup 3rd round. Brighton played impressively and were unlucky to only get one goal (through a penalty). They played well and if they can keep that up we'll be seeing them next season in the Premier League. I actually hope they make it to the Prem next season. If I remember correctly they weren't that far off from the playoffs last season.

Craig Noone for Brighton played really well and he shows great promise. I hope he grows and becomes a really good player for Brighton (or whoever snaps him up after he becomes established). And I don't say this just because he's from Liverpool and a Steven Gerrard fan (he also fixed Gerrard's roof before he became a professional footballer).

The best thing about the night wasn't the win, it was the return of Steven Gerrard. Yes, Stevie's back!

Here's a link to the post match interview with Stevie and Craig Noone:

Post match interview

Nice seeing them two in the interview together, showing great sportsmanship and respect for one another despite playing for opposing teams.

My favourite part of the interview is when Gerrard said "He did a great job on my house".
chelsea - fulham 0-0
pen. 4-3

once again fulham showed how much quality they have, playing with one of the main candidate for PL title as equal team. quote from the commentary: "chelsea is slightly more attacking side but fulham should be in lead atleast with 1 goal".

should've scored in that 2v1 situation in the 1st half and kasami's penalty in the 2nd half.
happens but this wasnt our major priority anyway.

had a good feeling when penny's started. 1st schwarzer saved lamp's shot but unlucky bryan ruiz's (last penalty) shot went to the crossbar, bounced on the line, again to crossbar and then bounced out