Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Family Guy or South Park?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Family Guy
41.46%
34 41.46%
South Park
37.80%
31 37.80%
The Simpsons
20.73%
17 20.73%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Family Guy or South Park?
Family Guy.
Family Guy doesn't really make me laugh, South Park on the other hand tends to do it quite frequently. My vote goes to South Park!
South Park
South Park by a mile.

I used to watch Family Guy, and thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but over the last 2 years I haven't even been able to watch it on tv, I just dislike it that much (as in, I'd rather stare at a blank wall, because then I could at least make up some wall-jokes that are related to my own plot).

(10-09-2009, 09:17 PM)XiZ link Wrote: also the characters in family guy walk better than in South Park + some of the names in Family Guy are funny and stuff while in South Park most of them are serious names(Cartman, Kenny etc.).
Not that I think you're wrong (because it is opinions we are talking about, not fact), but if the South Park guys (Trey Parker and Matt Stone) wanted better animation, they could pay for it and get it. They don't have a huge staff like Family Guy (or the Simpsons), and they make a LOT from very few people.
Serious names are better to relate to- and you'll find that most of the nonrecurring characters have silly names anyway.

If anyone watches the "Cartoon Wars" episodes of South Park, therein lies the reason I dislike Family Guy. Honestly their jokes are like playing bingo, but instead of numbers there's two nouns and a verb and it tends not to have anything to do with the plot.
eg:
(10-10-2009, 01:28 AM)Erin link Wrote: Family Guy doesn't really make me laugh

You think that's bad?
Remember the time that walrus pissed me off during the superbowl?
[Image: 300sh7s.png]

I probably spent more time on that joke than the Family Guy writing staff spend on theirs. Family Guy is a gag show, South Park is a show with jokes, that's the difference.

South Park tends to be much more intelligent, and more satirical. I love Family Guy though.

tough decision, can't choose.
Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, King of de hill, all good shows :)

American dad is just shit though.
I like American Dad.
(10-09-2009, 11:03 PM)### link Wrote: The Simpsons.
Same :)
imo, Simpsons is PG-13, Family Guy is AA-14 and South Park is NC-17. Therefore South Park wins.

They are all good, but i just like the humour in South Park a lot more....its intended for more mature audiences.
I should've added The Simpsons, too, but now it's too late. I can go on and add it now, but the people for the simpsons probably voted for FG/SP, so there's no sense in doing it.