Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Terrorists vs LVP
So how would this work ingame? A crewmember does /groupchase [id] or something, where ID is the terrorist. Then for a minute players can sign up to help the terrorist?
Could it support several ID's?
(09-27-2009, 12:44 PM)Chillosophy link Wrote: So how would this work ingame? A crewmember does /groupchase [id] or something, where ID is the terrorist. Then for a minute players can sign up to help the terrorist?
(09-27-2009, 12:49 PM)Richard link Wrote: Could it support several ID's?

This would be discussed later with the scripters, if it is granted.
But I can tell you now that I've already got a short plan to start of with.

Either they will make a script which randomly picks out a Terrorist and a few (not sure by numbers) players defending him.
Problem there would be if only newbies gets to be on the terrorist team, versus LVP. Uhm that would be too hard.

If we do it the more "IM NOT LAZY" way, admins or maybe mods will see if theres any "somewhat good DM'ers" online.
Don't tell me you can't see the difference, it's always easy to see "noob", "good", "badass" only by names.
And they will gather the ID's, maybe a cmd like /defenders id id id id id (if it's possible that way).
These players will be warned and maybe have a countdown so they know what's about to happen.
And yes this might be unfair for other players who maybe wants to be on the Terrorist team,
I'm not sure how to solve that, but everyone who wants to can still participate by going after the red dot.

Then for the actual Terrorist (VIP), could either be picked out by ex. /tvip id,
or by typing a cmd which starts the game, teleports all defenders to GB and randomly picks out the Terrorist VIP at the same time.

Also, some players (newbies, or just never heard of this) might not go after the red dot, which will KILL the fun of this.
If everyone is crazy about the red dot, more will show up, it will be more fun and harder to win.
Almost like saying (MORE HORDES OF NUBZOMBIES, no offence it just sounded funny with nub).
So to solve this, I think we could... Put a 20-50mill bounty on the Terrorist VIP, really spamming it so people will see.

Shit... We got around 100 players coming at us :X

Another problem is were players in the defenders team might not know what to do, resulting in shooting the VIP
or vice versa if the VIP don't know what this is...
If there is a way to make the defenders unable to hurt the VIP, that would be the easiest way.
Else we could make messages pop up for the player shooting, just like at ship.

Do not shoot the Terrorist VIP!!
The Terrorist VIP is dead.
You have broken the Muhammed samabinladin crackcode. (w.e)
You have been jailed for 3 minutes.

That could actually work pretty good too. :+
I'd rather it be opt-in, at least for the defenders. I don't always feel like playing the terrorist minigame, and it's annoying enough having everyone go white, let alone being forced into participating...
Maybe something like /tchase [id] and /terrorists [ID], [ID], ... with a maximum maybe?
(09-27-2009, 03:07 PM)Matthias link Wrote: Maybe something like /tchase [id] and /terrorists [ID], [ID], ... with a maximum maybe?
Yes something like that, but why /tchase? They ain't running 8)7
...and like Bran said here, sure there might be a few who don't wanna participate.
So the "random selection" idea is pretty much dead.
Although Bran, everyone but defenders and the Terrorist VIP has to be white I'm afraid,
but I don't think it would mean the end of the world either. :>
How about using the gangs for this? You create a gang, and an administrator does /tchase [gang id] and a random person from the gang is chosen as terrorist, and the others have to defend him?
And maybe set all the persons in that gang to a certain colour, to show that they're defenders.
(09-27-2009, 03:21 PM)IownU link Wrote: Yes something like that, but why /tchase? They ain't running 8)7
...and like Bran said here, sure there might be a few who don't wanna participate.
So the "random selection" idea is pretty much dead.
Although Bran, everyone but defenders and the Terrorist VIP has to be white I'm afraid,
but I don't think it would mean the end of the world either. :>
Or the other way around? Everyone keeps their colour, but the VIP & the other guys get another colour?
I agree, this was fun yesterday.
(09-27-2009, 03:27 PM)Lithirm link Wrote: How about using the gangs for this? You create a gang, and an administrator does /tchase [gang id] and a random person from the gang is chosen as terrorist, and the others have to defend him?
And maybe set all the persons in that gang to a certain colour, to show that they're defenders.

That'd be good, people could choose who they want in their team when they are terrorists.