Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Guideline: Gaming-PC for your budget!
ComputerBase tested both cards. Their benchmark parcour consists of several games, DX9 games such as MW2, Risen, Mass Effect 2;  DirectX10 games such as Anno 1404, Crysis Warhead and DirectX 11 games such as Bad Company 2, STALKER Call of Pripyat, DiRT2 and many more.

On average throughout all of the tested games (about 15 in total which should resemble the current blockbusters etc) the GTX 580 is (depending on resolution and AntiAliasing settings) about 10-25% faster than a GTX 570 (~15% on average).

For 15% more performance on average you have to decide for yourself if its worth the extra price. Probably it wont seeing as a 580 costs about 30% more than a 570
not worth the extra money, get the GTX570 and overclock it and you'll have the performance of a GTX580.
Nub question:

Do you have to buy everything seperately that's mentioned in the first post?
i got this
[Image: specsai.jpg]
+ Nvidia 525m 1gb with optimus(what is optimus used for anyways?)..

good enough?
Optimus is a technology by nvidia that disables your videocard when its not needed and basically activates it again once you need the power, if im not mistaken.  Basically it saves power and makes your laptop battery hold longer without cutting down the performance. It doesn't give you any extra boost or something, if thats what you mean.

@Enzo: yeah these are the prices for the seperate parts, so you'd have to purchase each and then build your pc together on your own. If you want a company to order all the parts and put it together for you, you have to pay more ofcourse.
(04-30-2011, 10:46 AM)Hitman link Wrote: Optimus is a technology by nvidia that disables your videocard when its not needed and basically activates it again once you need the power, if im not mistaken.  Basically it saves power and makes your laptop battery hold longer without cutting down the performance. It doesn't give you any extra boost or something, if thats what you mean.

@Enzo: yeah these are the prices for the seperate parts, so you'd have to purchase each and then build your pc together on your own. If you want a company to order all the parts and put it together for you, you have to pay more ofcourse.

ok :3 and are the specs i posted.. good?
Bump, update please?
I am looking for something cheap and Intel based, i3 or something.
Hitman stopped using this forum, I think an forum admin could still edit his posts, but I would suggest someone with enough knowledge to create a new topic.
-CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 3,1 Ghz SandyBridge LGA1155 Boxed---- 110€ (cheapest decent i3 CPU, wouldnt suggest getting anything lower)
-MOBO: ASUS P8P67 (Rev. 3.0) LGA1155---- 120€ (cheapest decent i3 MOBO, wouldnt suggest getting anything lower)
-GPU: GeForce GTX 560 (1024MB GDDR5)---- 160€ or PALIT GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1024MB GDDR5)---- 110€ (depends on how much money you got, the difference isn't that big anyway)
-PSU: Corsair 750W CMPSU-750TXEU---- 100€ or Any PSU @ 600W or above (a quality one is highly suggested tho since a Corsair 600W one couldn't handle my GTX470@2GB, doubt it can handle any of the above GPUs)---- might go down to even 50-60€

keep your old RAM (better if you got 4 or 6 gb, just make sure they're DDR3... but a 2GB DDR3 RAM stick is like 15€ anyway), old case & old mouse & keyboard, etc.. shizzle, 450-500€ and you got a pretty good PC for gaming

EDIT: added even cheaper solutions next to the suggested ones, just in case 450-500€ is too much (you won't go under 380-400€ anyway, even if you choose parts that are cheaper than the ones suggested)
I wouldn't recommend a 550, its slower than a 460.

[Image: lineup.png]