Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S]King Of The Hill minigame.
So, How about that? Defending an area for an ammount of time. Some examples of it:

1. If you joined the minigame, you get your own color. Blue or Red depending on how much teams you play with. (it's a team minigame.)

2. An area is marked green on the radar. if a player gets in that area, the area on the radar gets colored to the color of that team.

3. The timer stops if both teams are in the same hill. So, a deathmatch will be there also :) The timer will continue if the enemy team is out of the hill.

4. If a team has succesfully held an area for that time, that team gets a point and the next area will show up.

5. Is that possible? Tell me if it can be added.

EDIT: If all the players leaves the hill, it turns green again. that green is that it is an UNoccupied area. no one is in there.

I hope I get a reply to this soon.

Regards

- speedruntrainer
Don't think it'll be that popular.

Let's see.
wont be successfull since its too long. from how you explain it, this minigame will take atleast 20 minutes
It's like UT's domination, but cooler. I kind of like it, but I'm afraid it will confuse players who join the minigame the first few times. Some good and simple explanations need to be shown when players join.

I think every aspect of the request is possible to develop. Could be nice, but as Richard says, I don't know if it will be a popular minigame.

And since Hitman posted before I could; maybe there should be only one area to conquer instead of multiple.
Looks very similar to the Defend the Base game: http://todo.sa-mp.nl/view.php?id=510
Never made it into the gamemode so far.
How can it be confusing? One of the main ambitions in the single player was to take over gang territories, and that was very similar. :+

I likes
(08-21-2009, 01:24 PM)Sander link Wrote: Looks very similar to the Defend the Base game: http://todo.sa-mp.nl/view.php?id=510
Never made it into the gamemode so far.

He can't see that ticket :P

Anyway, we do have plans for something like this, only it's not a minigame, but more of a freeroam thing, and only applies to gangs (yes, I'm talking about gang terrirtories).

It was actually a planned feature for 2.90 but was never finished. It has no priority at the moment either though. Chances are a feature like this will be done some day, just not yet.
(08-21-2009, 04:21 PM)Ben link Wrote: How can it be confusing? One of the main ambitions in the single player was to take over gang territories, and that was very similar. :+

I likes

Guess I'm just a bit retarded :+

Anyway, I'll post Sanders suggestion:
Quote:Defend the base (LVP 3.0 Feature.)
This gametype is also available as Gang-minigame.
Two teams, located in Los Santos. In the middle, there is a base.
A base with a timer. Stand in the base as long as possible.
There are multiple goals in this minigame:
- Capturing the base for the longest times.
- Most kills.
- Both.

Sounds like a simpler plan, but just as nice.
That's actually already scripted, just not ported over onto LVP.
its a cool minigame but of its big ammount of time it requieres the the reward should be bigger.

I like :)