Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Do you use them?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, always.
12.12%
4 12.12%
Yes, sometimes.
48.48%
16 48.48%
No, never.
39.39%
13 39.39%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[S]Maps
Ok, we have /map [1-4]. But the question is, does anyone use them? I did a little research with the past week - every time I was in-game, I sometimes went to all map zones to check out whether at least someone is there, and I have never seen anyone there. Another minus of them is that the objects load really slow, that you can't pass that map zone. So, if the current map zones would be removed, then:
  • Less crashing, although I kinda doubt that the map objects cause player crash
  • Less objects

Please note that I, as player, respect all the work that developers worked on those map zones. It's just the thing that players aren't interested in this feature, so why keep it...

But! If the developers disagree with removing those map zones, then how about creating something else from those map zones, for example, skyroads? Why is skyroad better than map zone:
  • You can create a skyroads road with placing only one object many times. This will load faster than it loads 5 different objects.
  • Skyroad is more fun - you drive with a high speed down the road and eventually you hit ramp(s) and land somewhere.
  • You can can add skyroads in different places.

So in summary - less load, more fun! Of course the /vr, /nos etc map zone commands should be included. Here's a screenshot how a skyroad looks at the end.

Sincerely,
Mark
Good morning? (bump)
I'm going to map some more stunt areas next week. Perhaps we could form a team of mappers and create a lots  :)

Stunting is a really popular thing in SA:MP, you can tell this by looking at the most popular official server. In my opinion, the reason map zones aren't used is because nobody knows about them. Perhaps we could create a mini advertising feature using a textdraw, that shows off a random feature here and there.

Maps 3 and 4 were actually never fully implemented for some reason. There called bunnytrack maps, however there were last minute issues with syncing object movement with the object handler. Maybe we could get these up and running.
Err didnt i kinda make a thread about this topic already?  :roll:
My bad
Would putting these maps in world 0 cause more lag than they do now?
Lag wouldn't be an issue by leaving map zones in world 0, the issue would be object limits. But to answer your question, no.
I never even knew they existed!
Yeah I tried map 3 a few times but it seems to be impossible to get past the third ledge or so
(07-18-2009, 06:49 PM)Twilight link Wrote: Yeah I tried map 3 a few times but it seems to be impossible to get past the third ledge or so
Yeah because if you'd have read my thread it is bugged. For some people the box is there (so u can climb up) and for others it isent. For me, it flys away.