Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Damn computers..
Right ok, let us start with the background of the incident..

I had my laptop on my bed, (This is the same laptop I have SA-MP etc. on, which is the reason I don't play) and frustration from something caused me to punch the laptop with significant force in the trackpad area. Imediately the computer turned off, and when I tried turning it back on I had a weird sort of bug:

I believe what the computer was trying to do was give me this list:

Start in safe mode
Start windows normally
Resume windows
etc etc..

But instead I got the same kind of list, with completely random characters, like this:

¿µą½±  Ú«˟ѳ
ҼӂӇְḁṔ
‡‼‹‹꜠■♯שּׁﻺע
etc etc

And no matter which I click on, it either brings me to that screen or I get overwhelmed with error messages.

I have a friend who is good with computers who told me he believed I fucked the Hard drive when I punched it, I was just wondering is there anyone here who can confirm this?

(Plus, I hope it will clear any questions about my inactive-ness  O+ )
Sounds like you punched it into Arab mode.

Can't you reinstall windows?
(07-11-2009, 07:14 AM)FarePak link Wrote: Sounds like you punched it into Arab mode.

Can't you reinstall windows?
Possibly, if I knew how to.
If its chinese language , ask Traven for help

if its arab , ask Sonix he understands that language , he might help
When you purchased the laptop you should have a few disks, one for drivers and one which should be a re-installation for windows and probably some other disks but not useful in this case.

When you turn on the laptop, put the disk in and then press F11 to go into boot mode then boot the DVD/CD drive.

After that you should be in the installation for windows which is pretty much straight forward there.
if his hard drive is fucked he can't reinstall it
Obviously, but its still worth a try, and it can't be completly fucked seeing as it still functions.
hmmm maybe ur comp is scared of me an noes that i have bullied a few admins of samp an doesnt wan any 1 more like u bullied off if i was u i wud keep it turned off if u dont wanna mess with swift
(07-15-2009, 01:34 AM)Swift link Wrote: hmmm maybe ur comp is scared of me an noes that i have bullied a few admins of samp an doesnt wan any 1 more like u bullied off if i was u i wud keep it turned off if u dont wanna mess with swift
Implying my computer is scared of you is the most insulting thing i've ever heard.
(07-11-2009, 03:12 AM)Ben link Wrote: ¿µą½±  Ú«˟ѳ
ҼӂӇְḁṔ
‡‼‹‹꜠■♯שּׁﻺע
etc etc

Not arab..