Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[CS] /brief
Hai!

When i play /brief and get the briefcase, the other people just do /leave...the game gets aborted because there are not enough players in there :(. Thats kind of annoying. Could it be arranged that after someone picks up the briefcase, the lower limit of players is set to 0 or so? So when actually everyone leaves the game is reset?

tnx :)
Hmm. Playing with nobody else is a little bit pointless and defeats the purpose of the minigame.

Maybe we could disable people /leave'ing after the briefcase has been collected. Any thoughts?
(07-08-2009, 11:10 PM)Jay link Wrote: Maybe we could disable people /leave'ing after the briefcase has been collected. Any thoughts?
That would piss players off and they'd either not continue participating or "/quit" out.

Let's do it. :+
Good point there, Calimero. :+ I agree with Jay. If you're going to join the minigame, why would you want to leave? Unless your mom calls on you.. in which case you /q. :P
Or, you could just allow (same for races) that if everyone else leaves the last one who stays automatically wins? (if he did get the briefcase)
(07-08-2009, 11:10 PM)Jay link Wrote: Hmm. Playing with nobody else is a little bit pointless and defeats the purpose of the minigame.

Maybe we could disable people /leave'ing after the briefcase has been collected. Any thoughts?

The problem of the /brief minigame is that people rather find it hard to catch someone who already has the briefcase, so people rather do /leave than letting someone else win. Actually i was referring to let the minigame continue even if there is only one person left AFTER collecting the briefcase. So when everyone except the briefcase holder leaves AFTER collecting the briefcase, the game still continues.  Maybe i was not very good in explaining that part :). But i'm not really good at explaining stuff, stupid ADD  8)7.

Disabling /leave wouldn't be such a good idea i think, cause if the person who has the briefcase decides to just joyride around instead of delivering it, he/she could take other people 'hostage' not allowing them to leave the minigame. This would force people to just /q and rejoin.

(07-09-2009, 05:49 AM)Jhon link Wrote: Or, you could just allow (same for races) that if everyone else leaves the last one who stays automatically wins? (if he did get the briefcase)

could be the best option here, no?  :)

(07-09-2009, 05:49 AM)Jhon link Wrote: Or, you could just allow (same for races) that if everyone else leaves the last one who stays automatically wins? (if he did get the briefcase)

No doubt, the best option suggested in this topic.

But the game doesn't work like that. That last person could carry on playing and somehow fail to deliver the briefcase (i.e by ruining his vehicle).
Indeed. If there's only one player left, let the minigame continue. But he still has to deliver the briefcase or else he won't win. That's the best option imo.
so maybe i can round it up: when a person gets the briefcase than the game wont stop untill the last person is dead or has delivered the briefcase!? (but than what if he wants to do /leave himself too, maybe in case of big briefcase-bug?) ;)