Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

New crew moderation methods.
(01-11-2009, 02:29 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Until you drop the attitude I won't even bother reading your post, let alone responding to it.

I really don't mind. You wanted the argument, you got it. I put all the facts on the table, just like you liked it, yet the contents of your discussions has been getting less and less value over the past few weeks. Where the initial arguments from your side, including on the HC4L matter, had decent content, lately you're just repeating yourself over and over again, while dodging the points that really matter. Of course we do care about you and your mates, otherwise no one would be spending time in this topic, however, the fact is very clear: we have the right to exclude anyone from the LVP Community for any reason. And that's the absolute bottom-line in the HC4L story, regardless whether you agree or not.
(01-11-2009, 03:38 AM)Peter link Wrote: I really don't mind. You wanted the argument, you got it. I put all the facts on the table, just like you liked it, yet the contents of your discussions has been getting less and less value over the past few weeks. Where the initial arguments from your side, including on the HC4L matter, had decent content, lately you're just repeating yourself over and over again, while dodging the points that really matter. Of course we do care about you and your mates, otherwise no one would be spending time in this topic, however, the fact is very clear: we have the right to exclude anyone from the LVP Community for any reason. And that's the absolute bottom-line in the HC4L story, regardless whether you agree or not.

You're perfectly right.

The only thing I might add is I didn't create this thread for the argument (and certainly not specifically for me- but as of now I seem to be the only one with the balls and the brain to post a decent idea or argument)- it was for other members of the community to express their views on some of the crew's actions that occur repeatedly that they don't like. I've heard a lot of interesting points ingame and on irc, but I haven't seen a great deal here.
On the whole, the crew does a good job however there are some major points I would like to see improvement on (eg. how to spot and react quickly to bug abuse, healthhack toggling)- which can be achieved easily by a short e-tutorial as mentioned in my previous post.

I'd like to see other player's opinions on recent moderation techniques (eg treating caps/language more harshly and that).

(01-11-2009, 02:44 AM)Ben link Wrote: But a good person knows when to step down.
I'm not a good person, nor am I stepping down (or 'giving up') until I feel the time is right.
TeEJaY my bro has a very good point,Saying hello to friends/admins/mods doesn't mean their ass-kissers for a mod position.Like he said he was raised to be polite an respectful and so am I unlike many regulars of lvp their annoying,very disrespectful an most of all immature.For example like me anymore I don't come in lvp as much because either all you see is flames at one another or people that decide to cheat but its not only here at lvp you see the two top things its everywhere an in most games today.Sorry I'm just rambling on but it would be nice to see others getting along an if you can't take something an not talk it out in a respectful manner then you need to spend more time in life to figure it out other than flaming someone that can't fight an calling them a noob.
Just a short note on this HaZe/teejay/aaron argument:
HaZe isn't talking about everyone that is polite- not at all.
He's talking about the people who are on the irc, type !ingame admins, then, say, Barry FiXeR and a random admin they've never heard of before (eg Vinpower a couple of weeks ago) shows up, then type !msg Hi Barry, FiXeR and Vinpower!

Anyway I suggest we drop this topic now, because asskissing players are offtopic (unless you're going into the mods muting minimods argument mentioned previously).
OO No I'm not against Haze either i like Haze lol an not trying to argue,I was just in agreement like the crew an yourself Maddo that if lvp could have more respect an everyone could atleast get along in a more positive way then who knows what could happen but lvp would be even awesomer! :)
(01-11-2009, 03:56 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: He's talking about the people who are on the irc, type !ingame admins, then, say, Barry FiXeR and a random admin they've never heard of before (eg Vinpower a couple of weeks ago) shows up, then type !msg Hi Barry, FiXeR and Vinpower!

That annoys me aswell.

You would think that most people would just use !players to see which of their friends are ingame so they can say hi or whatever, but what i see more of is people just doing !ingamecrew to see which admins are ingame so they can just say hi to them. I used to say hi to all the admins, back when i was a player (1.6 years ago), but now that im on the other side...its annoying unless it is one of your friends. Its nice to have people saying hi to you, but when its people that i don't even know, it feels a bit weird. For the other ways of ass-kissing, its just annoying as hell. This concludes my opinion on ass-kissing in LVP :)

-cloakster
I also am not against HaZe or anyone for that matter.

Just clarifying with him that I am not an ass-kisser, but a polite, courteous person.  O-) 

But you're right Maddolis, very off-topic indeed.
About the asskissing , yes it is very annoying.
But i dont see a reason how to stop it.
And asskissing admins will always stay because the players/mods who do it try to asskiss as much as they can to persuade the admin to make them admin aswell.
Or to give them a service wich can be: money / flying dutchman / weapons / entrance to admin vehicles ,etc.
But its not a thing the admins do wrong so we shouldnt be discussing this problem here , unless a shitload of mods do it.
In that case admins should tell the mods to limit their messages of asskissing.
I agree, I have seen quite a bit of both players and a few moderators getting a shade of brown on their noses lately, and to be honest, it comes down to how mature a person is as to how much effort they exert toward their goals. I do think that respect and being friendly will get you farther in any organization, but there is a line in which effort is overdone.
(01-11-2009, 04:00 AM)Aaron link Wrote: OO No I'm not against Haze either i like Haze lol an not trying to argue,I was just in agreement like the crew an yourself Maddo that if lvp could have more respect an everyone could atl east get along in a more positive way then who knows what could happen but lvp would be even awesomer! :)
Aaron, I couldn't agree more on a topic. Just so we are all on the same page, respect can go both ways. What I mean by that is that too much effort and being nice can be a bad thing, hence why some people are regarded as asskissers. I hope that these words do not fall on deaf ears, and at least one person does find what I say useful.  :Y) Okay, I had to say all of that... It has been on my mind.