Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

The slowliest
Hello I have a problem....

In game im always the slowliest i can take every car but everyone is faster than me and i cant understand why ....

Please help
Your acceleration speed seems to depend on how fast your computer is (or so I have heard). So if you have a bad pc or have a lot of background programs running you will accelerate slower, your top speed however should be the same as the rest (or the other person uses speedhack  :+)

This isnt really a bug though. I hope you understand it now
I've heard this to, but never seen something that confirms this. (Neither searched for it..)

But anyhow, this is now related to LVP, neither to SA-MP, it's just how the game works.
Ive been noticing this too, ill be in the same car as someone else and we would start  racing at the same time and i would somehow pass him.
I can confirm that the specs of your PC do make a difference with the speed;
@ a lanparty I was driving next to a friend and he had a quite bad pc, because of that he couldn't drive/accelerate as fast as I could.

But as far as I know it doesn't matter if you have Athlon 64 with a nice videocard or an Alienware dreampc; you only see the difference when the PC is 'not good enough' to run Gta:SA properly...

My 2 cents :)
i use a laptop, and i am still faster than most!
@Benb: Turned off your frame limiter?
(05-30-2007, 02:53 PM)Stef link Wrote: Your acceleration speed seems to depend on how fast your computer is (or so I have heard). So if you have a bad pc or have a lot of background programs running you will accelerate slower
That is so true. My PC is the proof.
Quote:your top speed however should be the same as the rest
Now that is not true. Even when you reach top speed, you will still move slower than the guys with "normal" PCs, cause of the less FPS count. That's why I ALWAYS lose in every race (unless all opponents decide to destroy their own vehicles :P ).
(05-30-2007, 10:12 PM)Ronin link Wrote: @Benb: Turned off your frame limiter?
i have no idea
Problem is that you have under 25 FPS (Frames Per Second). Turn off frame limiter. Its like i got problem with singleplayer. I got in SP 200+ fps lol and in all other games too.
And how do I turn of my framelimiter?

I had it sometimes as well when doing a little drag or so.