Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Problems with internet
Yep, my internets being gay. Can go on Internet Explorer, SAMP blabla
But, I can't seem to connect to IRC and I can't connect to Guildwars either.
Apparently, tis something about port forwarding not really sure.
If it is about port forwarding, I don't know how to 'forward the port(???)' :S

I've contacted PlayNC but there being gay as usual. Can anybody here help me?  :(
If you're able to go on SA-MP and not Guild Wars then the problem isn't you're ports, Im guessing it's you're firewall blocking Guild Wars connections and IRC.
(12-19-2008, 01:22 AM)FarePak link Wrote: If you're able to go on SA-MP and not Guild Wars then the problem isn't you're ports, Im guessing it's you're firewall blocking Guild Wars connections and IRC.

I had same problem too last time, check your firewall, maybe it is blocking the program from accessing internet. BTW, which firewall are you using?
It's just because the world is starting to run out of the internet, IRC goes first.
1. Maybe its your firewall, check your settings i got problems after updating my Norton Internet Security 2008 to 2009.

2. Possible too is that there is a proplem with your DHCP address reservation.

But i guess its the Firewall.
Try restarting IRC client, and try connecting. If that doesn't help, then try connecting to one of these servers:
  • treehouse.de.eu.gtanet.com
  • tractor.nj.us.gtanet.com
  • extreme.nl.eu.gtanet.com
  • irc.multitheftauto.com
  • twozero.nl.eu.gtanet.com
  • hub.gtanet.com (?)
Also why are you using IE? Firefox is a lot better.
(12-19-2008, 01:56 PM)dos link Wrote: 2. Possible too is that there is a proplem with your DHCP address reservation.
Explain prz.  :?

(12-19-2008, 05:55 PM)Mark link Wrote: Also why are you using IE? Firefox is a lot better.
Not for me, always had problems with firefox. Tryed registering to forums on firefox for the image (that comes up to make sure ur not a bot) not loading, but it would on IE. Anyway, thats offtopic and besides the point.
Firewall wise, Norton is disabled atm and I've never had problems in the past and been able to access Guildwars and IRC, so why would it just suddenly happen (like a week ago) and continue?  :?
I can help you forward you ports if you dont fix the problem, just PM me later on ;)
(12-20-2008, 12:10 AM)ReVolveR link Wrote: I can help you forward you ports if you dont fix the problem, just PM me later on ;)

I doub't you need ports forwarded unless the game has connections coming in to Darius, I never played Guild Wars so I wouldn't know.
Hmm, well on Guildwars I just can't connect for some reason (doesent really state why)
And on IRC when I try connect to GTANet, I get:
Connecting to GTANet (6667)
-
* Unable to resolve server
-
* Connect retry #1 GTANet (6667)
-
However, I'm able to connect to other servers on IRC.  :?