Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Grand Theft Auto IV PC
Greetings! Some of you might already have GTA IV for PC, and some of you might be getting it so I thought we should discuss what good or bad sides does IV PC version have.
[glow=green,2,300]Possibly to discuss:[/glow] Is it better than console versions? Does it run smoothly? Has your PC got recommended/minimum requirements and still lagging? Are the textures loading? What are your impressions about the PC version of the game?

I'm getting my copy on Monday, so then I will tell you what are my first impressions :+.
Also this is the most common problem at the moment:
[Image: 5542-gta-iv-pc-error.png]
Solution: Sign out of Rockstar Social Club to get rid of it. This means you won't have access to multiplayer or Social Club TV, but it will allow you to play single player until R* corrects the issue. (gta4.net)

More errors and solutions to fix download from here!

Mark :w
I can't install it :(

got it yesterday :+
1 question for people
Will you download or buy it?
because in my view i would download it because i think its not worth buying even tho i did :P on xbox :D
I just bought it. :+
As a forum moderator I should really not be saying this, but as I've played it through before on the 360 and if I was to get it for the PC it'd be for testing purposes, I'd actually just download it and see what happens.

GTA IV seems extremely large to run on a PC however, and it sucks that so many people are having such a hard time. I guess that's what happens when you port from supporting two consoles to many different hardware combinations which usually aren't up to scratch..
Glad to see that there are so few GTA IV topics around.

It's a great game, granted. It's brilliant in so many ways... It just seems to lack some of the character of San Andreas.
It's like Rockstar polished some pretty amazing graphics, and added some interesting features, but I just can't help but feel somewhat let down when I play it, especially online.

In some ways, I like the realism of GTA IV, but I much prefer the arcade feel of San Andreas.

I will not be quitting LVP to play GTA IV online.

Oh, and, I bought it.
(12-04-2008, 11:24 PM)tomozj link Wrote: As a forum moderator I should really not be saying this, but as I've played it through before on the 360 and if I was to get it for the PC it'd be for testing purposes, I'd actually just download it and see what happens.

GTA IV seems extremely large to run on a PC however, and it sucks that so many people are having such a hard time. I guess that's what happens when you port from supporting two consoles to many different hardware combinations which usually aren't up to scratch..

I see where you are comming from and this is the same reason why i'm also going to donwload it.
Because i think that if i already bought it for Xbox306 i dont think its worth buying the same game all over again.
Also the only reason i'm downloading it for PC is to see what the diffrence is.
:)
I'd download it first , just to see if i can run it and if i like it. There's no point of spending money , on a game i'm not sure my pc can run , tho im 98% sure that it'll be OK!
(12-05-2008, 06:15 PM)n00ne link Wrote: I'd download it first , just to see if i can run it and if i like it. There's no point of spending money , on a game i'm not sure my pc can run , tho im 98% sure that it'll be OK!

Just by looking at your sig, I think you will do ok :)

if n00nes 1 is OK
mine will prolly suk :<

tomozj: Please avoid double posting.