Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[IDEA] /Cartaxi
Again, to comply with the rules, a /cartaxi topic.

For the people who don't get it by just looking at the word, the idea is to have a command very similiar to the current /taxi (*variable) command, but instead of just getting teleported/taxied to that location you now get teleported/taxied there WITH your car.

This would be usefull for lots of cases. Sometimes driving a car to a place is just too much of a hassle but using newtaxi leaves you in a place with a car. Especially for the regions in which very few cars a placed, a command like this would be awesome. To supply an argument against the argument which says that the game would be made too easy you could set up special rules. Like a 5 - 10 minute wait, or really high costs. Of course you need to disable /cartaxi for the ship and probably even set up completely other locations to taxi to. Of course /cartaxi could be changed to something like /towservice or whatever. In the previous, closed topic about this most people responded positively but we can discuss here about how - and if - it should be set up.

Note that with the new release of SAMP this command might not be neccesairy, because a total of 700 cars can be loaded on to the map, if I'm not mistaken, however, I don't know much about coding, but I don't believe that this should be really hard to code. It would be a combination of /ctp and /taxi I think. I think it should be tested. Maybe we don't need 700 cars on the server, it probably causes extra strain on the server and I don't think that most will ever be used. LVP is a good server, but the new 200 player limit won't be reached that easily. With this new command we don't need to have an abunance of cars all over the map.
Love the idea
wasnt this suggested some days ago??

8)
(05-24-2007, 07:16 PM)oostcoast link Wrote: wasnt this suggested some days ago??

8)

Yes, but the topic messed up and the startpost wasn't great. So, it was locked and the instruction to recreate with a better startpost was given. So, that's what's happened here - catch up! Lol.

-tj  O+
:( that was my idea !!!!!

look inhere
http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=1506.0
there stays
/cartaxi target
;) but it is the same
(05-25-2007, 03:57 PM)zeeuwse_boer link Wrote: :( that was my idea !!!!!

look inhere
http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=1506.0

This startpost is a good one, as we expect of new features. And it's more clearly so everybody understands!
yea, its usefull, but makes the game really easy..
I suggest u need to pay at least 10.000 to do a car taxi... and a delay of 5 mins
all to reduce "abuse"

8)
I don't like it, you players are getting spoilt way too much, learn to drive yourselfes, looking at the average driving skills in LVP most of you are going to need it.
I'm a good driver!  :D i think  O-)

EDIT BY JUTD: Please stay on topic
We, as in: The Management, are denying this idea.
Like Peter said, you are getting spoiled.

Why are you still in game if you don't even need to drive anymore?
Shall we create a /killplayer command for you? So you don't have to shoot, killing costs to much time.
Or maybe a /buy command on distance? No more time lost on driving to the properties!
And to finish, a /gangkill? So you can pwn the gang without doing anything?

That sounds fun to me...
If you are really that lazy, I can suggest a webbased game, so you only have to click a few times.

So, no, this won't make it into LVP.