Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

System Requirements For GTA IV PC
@N0one:

Don't buy a mainboard with Intel P31 Chipset. Get one with Intel P43 or a cheap P45 one, because they have PCI-Express 2.0 Slots, so your graphics card can show all of its power :p

PS: If you have the money, get an HD 4850 instead of the 9800GT.

Edit:  Oh and your E8400 will be fine, for sure.  Better would be a Quad (like the Intel Q9550), but they are kind of expensive, since the financial crisis in europe is still going on.

Im sure that E8400 is enough for the maximum settings. Look at Far Cry 2: Everbody screamed OMG OMG needz quadcore!!!111

And when it was released, the tests results were: It improves between 5-10% of a Quadcore. So theres no big benefit of that CPU Power.
I would wait for  GTA 4 tests on hardware-websites, because i dont think that you really need the quadcore. (it would be the first game (besides Supreme Commander) that would benefit over 30% with a quadcore)
I already bought the pc , C2D tho. Just need to set it up n' shit.  About the main boards , im not too educated in that matter , so i'll just take what i can afford. If i can't run gta:iv , well tough luck...  :+
Getting a PS3 for christmas so I'll get this for the PS3.