Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Reading ban zone
When I have nothing to do I sometimes read the banzone. Really funny to read sometimes. For some reason 13 and 14 year old kids think they get unbanned when they use the word Fuck...

I respect the admins. Always funny replies to the banned person. Maybe one of the admins can count how many times the word Fuck is used in the banzone in one month..? :) I think you would go over a 100 times :P

Well greetzz to you all,
Dafydd A.K.A. OmfgUrANoob
(09-17-2008, 10:29 AM)OmfgUrANoob link Wrote: When I have nothing to do I sometimes read the banzone. Really funny to read sometimes. For some reason 13 and 14 year old kids think they get unbanned when they use the word Fuck...

I respect the admins. Always funny replies to the banned person. Maybe one of the admins can count how many times the word Fuck is used in the banzone in one month..? :) I think you would go over a 100 times :P

Well greetzz to you all,

agreed..

why they have to use that word anyway?

lol
Some are fun to read but some bans are really fucking retarded. For example this one:
http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=13292.0

Banned for saying dork in a PM? Hows that possible. PM's are meant to be private, hint the word PRIVATE MESSAGE. It wouldnt be private if admins can read it, is it?

EDIT: Some admins play only on LVP cause they have admin status here (so it seems), and it also seems like they are having more fun banning people then actually playing the game. :)

;>
Quote:ExPloiTeD link=topic=13392.msg144981#msg144981 date=1221647769]
Some are fun to read but some bans are really fucking retarded. For example this one:

Banned for saying dork in a PM? Hows that possible. PM's are meant to be private, hint the word PRIVATE MESSAGE. It wouldnt be private if admins can read it, is it?

so fuckin true man  ;)
Wouldn't you?*  :+
I am in no way shape or form condoning what you people call 'abuse'.
(09-17-2008, 10:29 AM)OmfgUrANoob link Wrote: When I have nothing to do I sometimes read the banzone. Really funny to read sometimes. For some reason 13 and 14 year old kids think they get unbanned when they use the word Fuck...
Well greetzz to you all,

Ahhh, where did I see that one about one day ago. . .

Yeh I guess it all happens like this: Kid gets banned whilst he gets bullied/can't take it anymore due to his own previous behaviour. He goes to appeal saying his ban is unfair and using the word "Fuck" and "Fuck you" a lot. He thinks he'll get unbanned immediately, but he gets poked in the eye instead.
The admin that banned him replies, and he acts tough once again. Now it can go both ways: 1) he gets a *nice* response back, or more bantime, or 2) Some other admins make a reply that makes sense, and he can't take it once again. So he starts talking crap, that doesn't make sense, again.

Now, I'm not going to say that unfair bans don't exist, because they obviously do, but hey, you can just go and talk about it. :P
(09-17-2008, 11:43 AM)Mike link Wrote: Wouldn't you?*  :+

Its too bad I can only read the latest bans :( ....

Edit : Lol @ Mike :D
Ye thats what I mean, when you get unbanned for what you think is not a good reason then just talk about it like a sane person. I mean, it is better to say sorry than to say fuck. And Zezima, I think it is ok for Admins to read PM's, they need to be able to do their work, and it might happen that people are making plans in PM's to crash ship, flame, insult, or anything like that then admins need to be able to control this.

Play this game, in stead of using it to insult people. It is your own fault that you got banned.
Hope to see you back in a few days..

Quote:ExPloiTeD link=topic=13392.msg144981#msg144981 date=1221647769]

EDIT: Some admins play only on LVP cause they have admin status here (so it seems), and it also seems like they are having more fun banning people then actually playing the game. :)

;>
I agree with you

(09-17-2008, 11:43 AM)Mike link Wrote: Wouldn't you?*  :+
as strange as it seems, the vast majority wouldn't ban others for calling us dorks. A lot of us fighters aren't emo, so if somebody calls us a dork we'd just shrug it off- they're just words. The admins here are *looking* to ban people, not fairly and dispassionately judging the situation
                                    -Your local G~~~~~~~~~~~
You don't realize what the situation was. The person who was banned was creating ridiculous reasons all the while avoiding the real ones.

But, yeah, I totally ban people because I think it's funny....