Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

●●●Official PS3 Thread - V 0.1 ●●●
OFFICIAL PS3 THREAD

Well, since the PS3 has been out for a while, I decided to make a OFFICIAL PS3 TOPIC in General Talk of LVP.

As for the rules of the thread. Well, just stay on topic, if you can. This is NOT a GDT. It's fine to go off topic for a bit, but if it's going on for more than a page or two, I'll kindly ask you to stop. If you don't, your posts will be deleted. This is the PS3 thread. Keep discussions to and about the PS3, the hardware it can use (HDTVs, High-Def Media Players, etc) and software it can use (Media streaming programs, PS3 themes, Blu-Ray discs, games, etc.).

CURRENT PS3 DEALS

There will be an MGS4 80GB PS3 bundle coming June 12th. Comes with an 80GB PS3, DualShock 3 controller, and a copy of MGS4 for $499.99. A 40GB model is also being offered in Gun Metal Grey.

I'm only going to provide links with minimal explanations here. If anyone knows of ANY deals going on, post them up so that I can update this post to refer to your... post.

NEED A CABLE FOR YOUR PS3?

We all know that for some stupid reason, Sony decided not to include any cables that allow the sending of HD signals to your TV when you buy your PS3. People come in here quite often asking about which cables work and, unfortunately, I have seen a few people go for Monster Cable's HDMI cables for over $150 (in some cases, over $200).

Let it be known that when it comes to wiring, the only real difference in quality is the shielding, and this only applies to a select number of cables. For HDMI, shielding is not an issue and quality cannot change. All the cable is doing is sending 1's and 0's.

Therefore, BUY YOUR CABLES FROM MONOPRICE.COM

Here are links to monoprice's HDMI cables which have been proven to send out the same exact signal quality and strength as Monster Cables:

6 feet - $4.05
10 feet - $4.58
15 feet - $6.00

LVP's PS3 USERS -

LVP User Name                                PS3 User Name

Boogerjay                     ||                   boogerjay
[W]Thug                                            Crooswijk010
FarePak                                             FarePak
Ryankilla                                            CreepOnline
oostcoast                                          oostcoast

PS3 Topic Update!

Game: SOCOM: Confrontation
Release: Oct 15, 2008
Rating: Mature
Developer: SlantSix

Click HERE for the Playstation SOCOM page.
Click HERE for the official SOCOM: Confrontation website.

Please visit the link below to see pictures, videos, and other into about the game SOCOM: Confrontation!

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/906/906076.html
Yeah, I have a PS3.
My PS3 stopped playing any discs (dvds, games [although I only own the one]) a couple of weeks ago.
I formatted it a few hours ago, and now it's working well, really glad it does.

Anyway, I'll be getting Star Wars: Force Unleashed on Wednesday.
I just bought CoD4 (GOTY Edition) 2 days ago and im playing it non stop..
LVL 23 already :D

PSN: Crooswijk010
Hmm

LVP Username: FarePak
PSN: FarePak

Although I never play on my PS3 anymore, and thinking of getting rid of it tbh.
I r ps3 user. BoogerJay im on your friends list bish
sry i spelled my psn wrong..
its Crooswijk010 so could u change it please
PSN: CreepOnline
PSN: oostcoast o/

I only play GTA4 now, but I am going to buy Little Big Planet! :D

-oost 8)
Updated
Ayo! Where's my name on that owner's list? :(

PSN ID - mrcave.