Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Blue Screen of Death (BSoD)
(08-21-2008, 11:32 PM)Chillosophy link Wrote: Download a free virusscanner and do an online test at http://housecall.antivirus.com
Get Spybot search&destroy too, it's free as well

And finally, go to Control panel > Administrative tools > Computer management and check out the event viewer to find out if there are errors before a crash occured. Could be a hardware issue too. Installed any new drivers recently?

I downloaded "Spybot Search & Destroy", It found a few viruses/spywares. It didnt delete all of them but, It only removed 2, well at least I think because it only has 2 ticks. But when I click remove, it says 32 Threats removed.

(08-22-2008, 05:29 PM)Whisper link Wrote: [youtube=425,350]FH8J7XQrHBY[/youtube] Best video I could find.
he said...

Thanks for the video, So basically, its saying its an Anti-Virus but in fact, Its a virus?

Edit : The Blue Screen Of Death has not gone so I'm currently scanning again. (Another 2-3 hours) Its actually got a little bit better. Whenever I start a new game, I see like 1.2 seconds of the custascene, and then it goes straight to the blue screen of death.
no, it's a fake anti-virus that is a virus. what the program does is fuck up your computer even more.
Yes! I fixed it! All by myself :D with help from LVP.

(08-21-2008, 11:32 PM)Chillosophy link Wrote: Download a free virusscanner and do an online test at http://housecall.antivirus.com
Get Spybot search&destroy too, it's free as well

And finally, go to Control panel > Administrative tools > Computer management and check out the event viewer to find out if there are errors before a crash occured. Could be a hardware issue too. Installed any new drivers recently?

Someone must of updated the driver which caused the blue screen. I uninstalled it and restarted my computer. Then I made my screen resolutions like 2100x1852, I then crashed and I got the blue screen when I turned on my computer which is alot more worse!

I then acessed "safe mode" and changed it. Restarted computer and I'm all good again!  :)
Thank you for your help.
Nope, not fixed but it happens less now. I can play GTA SA for about 30 mins and crash or either get a blue screen.