Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Blue Screen of Death (BSoD)
So, I turn on the computer, everything is running nice and smooth. I go on the internet, all good, So I go on GTA:SA and suddenly a blue screen pops up saying I need to turn off my computer or Harm will be done to my computer. This happens all the time when I click on GTA:SA or GTA:SA-MP. I've tried installing them again and that didnt work. But I was playing GTA:SA yesterday  :X

Any tips or suggestions to advoid this?

:o Damnit, Wrong section, Can a forum moderator please move my topic please.

Does the 'blue screen' look like this?

[Image: bsod.gif]

If it does, then this is formally known as the 'Blue Screen Of Death'

Its very weird that you should get this when opening SA.. The only thing I can think of is... do you use a no-cd crack. If so, it may contain a virus/invalid files. If not, try re-installing your game. Also, scan your computer for viruses or any potentially harmful files on your computer.
That's weird, I had a virus a couple of days ago that brung up that exact screen. Have you been experiencing like an anti-virus XP 2008 thing?,
(08-21-2008, 09:20 PM)Whisper link Wrote: Does the 'blue screen' look like this?

[Image: bsod.gif]

If it does, then this is formally known as the 'Blue Screen Of Death'

Its very weird that you should get this when opening SA.. The only thing I can think of is... do you use a no-cd crack. If so, it may contain a virus/invalid files. If not, try re-installing your game. Also, scan your computer for viruses or any potentially harmful files on your computer.

Yes!  :o
Yes I do use a No-CD Crack because I discs cracked. :(
BUT I used my lil' bros disc to install and install the NO-CD.
But I also tried uninstalling the no-cd crack by re-installing SA, still doesnt help.

(08-21-2008, 09:25 PM)Ben link Wrote: That's weird, I had a virus a couple of days ago that brung up that exact screen. Have you been experiencing like an anti-virus XP 2008 thing?,

You think its a virus? :S Got any good free anti-virus scan things?
Try SpySherrif _O- no lol dont. Whatever you do never download SpySherrif.

Try AVG or Avast! or something like that.
Ok, Just curiousity, what is SpySherrif? I virus?
Download a free virusscanner and do an online test at http://housecall.antivirus.com
Get Spybot search&destroy too, it's free as well

And finally, go to Control panel > Administrative tools > Computer management and check out the event viewer to find out if there are errors before a crash occured. Could be a hardware issue too. Installed any new drivers recently?
(08-21-2008, 11:32 PM)Chillosophy link Wrote: Download a free virusscanner and do an online test at http://housecall.antivirus.com
Get Spybot search&destroy too, it's free as well

And finally, go to Control panel > Administrative tools > Computer management and check out the event viewer to find out if there are errors before a crash occured. Could be a hardware issue too. Installed any new drivers recently?
If thats the same one you gave me Chillosophy, then it works a charm
re-instal
(08-21-2008, 10:10 PM)Chan link Wrote: Ok, Just curiousity, what is SpySherrif? I virus?

[youtube=425,350]FH8J7XQrHBY[/youtube] Best video I could find.

(08-22-2008, 02:43 PM)Arno link Wrote: re-instal
he said...
(08-21-2008, 09:47 PM)Chan link Wrote: I also tried uninstalling the no-cd crack by re-installing SA, still doesnt help.