Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Not a complain per se
(10-03-2020, 05:59 AM)Specifer Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 05:36 PM)Holsje Wrote: Evading death, including using esc is not allowed. Although often no action is taken if the evadee is killed short after evading. This doesn't mean a jail isn't in place.

So jail for me even if its the first time?

Jail is a form of warning. Being in jail for four minutes isn't that big of a deal. As you said there was something you had to be doing. You could do that while jailed ;)

(10-02-2020, 05:36 PM)Holsje Wrote: However I assume that minute isn't really that big of a deal.
However I don't think we can fully conclude a bias here.

He/she fights, argues, provokes, and gets provoked like a player(which is usual for every human). But shows his/her anger in form of extra minute jail even after I was killed and it isn't a big thing to you? How can you conclude so crudely like that?

It's very strange and I apoligize this happened to you. It's very unfortunate. Jailing without killing would've been better aswell indeed.

(10-02-2020, 05:36 PM)Holsje Wrote: The words Sophia used to try and end the discussion was not very fortunate, however the logs show you started the conversation with a "I'm right and you're wrong" mentality. That's not a very fortunate start either.

So I mustn't even try to justify? Ok, even if I do. How does that affect the punishment I received. Even if I didn't, Its just the same. However, it's an excuse to pin the fault on me.

Ofcourse you can ask the reasoning behind jailing. It's been said to you however your attitude wasn't really helping. In your chat it didn't seem like you wanted to know why you got jailed. It was explained to you but you didn't wish to listen. Saying you know the rules better than the crew isn't going to help. You can make a topic much like this instead of making a lengthy discussion that's going nowhere.

(10-02-2020, 05:36 PM)Holsje Wrote: In the end you both could've done better but didn't do horrible either. As crew we'd like to show more respect towards the players, but also don't want the players to think they're the know all.

Just wanted to ask you, If it was a newbie and this was done, how would you have known? So that newbie would have got (say) 5-minute jail for his first offense and he wouldn't know anything and nothing would have been done. except for the certain admin whose edginess would be lowered. By the way, Why are you including the whole crew when it's only some certain administrator(s)?

We do monitor the IRC from time to time. And we do see certain things (but not always handle on it if not needed). Being in the jail for a while isn't the end of the world. Please don't make lit it is. It's unfortunate and I would've preferred if it stayed with a verbal warning, but that doesn't mean a jail (for default time) would've been wrong. I'll talk about the specific jail time and get back to you later if needed.

(10-02-2020, 05:36 PM)Holsje Wrote: Conclusion:
It's an unfortunate situation and I hope both of you will take this as a lesson.
And to clarify: Yes evading death by pausing is still against the rules.

You're pin-pointing that I could be jailed. Okay. Good thing I got to know Beaner's views on this. Deep down I knew you would reply supportive of admin. It's funny how you don't mention that administrators arrogant reply in this thread at all.

And Holsje, If I was killed in that particular instance itself, would that count as dead evade? If yes, Why?

You've idled in an attempt to avoid death. You were in a fight so it's not allowed to do. Next time run to the ship if you wish to idle.
You're right, the arrogant behavior isn't according to our guidelines and it's something we have to resolve. I apologize to you for that.
I'll have a talk with Sophia about it.

Messages In This Thread
Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-17-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Sophia Naz - 09-17-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-17-2020, 02:47 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Sophia Naz - 09-17-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-17-2020, 03:45 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-24-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Beaner - 09-29-2020, 11:25 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Holsje - 10-02-2020, 05:36 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 10-03-2020, 05:59 AM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Holsje - 10-03-2020, 03:26 PM