Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Las Venturas Playground Pawn Editor (+ download!)
Some years ago, Las Venturas Playground used to have its own Pawn editor, the SA-MP Editor, written by Peter. The source code was lost, and due to ongoing instabilities no one actually used it. After getting annoyed with Pawno during some bug fixes (LVP's source had more than 200 files!), a few of us made a plan to create a more decent editor.

Today, a year later, I'm proud to present the Las Venturas Playground Pawn Editor to you!
It's a free download for any member of LVP and may be used for any Pawn project.

[Image: lvp-pawn-editor.png]

Features
  • Tabbed interface supporting tens of simultaneously opened files.
  • Supports for projects, including support for folders, new file templates and various settings.
  • A powerful Find in Project feature: search through all your project's files in a single go.
  • A highly customizable code editor: syntax highlighting, code collapsing and many formatting options.
  • Tight integration with the San Andreas: Multiplayer server.
Additional screenshots

[Image: lvp-pawn-editor-2-thumb.png] [Image: lvp-pawn-editor-3-thumb.png]
[Image: lvp-pawn-editor-4-thumb.png] [Image: lvp-pawn-editor-5-thumb.png]

Questions and answers

Is this really free? Do I have to do anything in return?
The Las Venturas Playground Pawn Editor is completely free. We do not expect anything in return. Of course, we would very much appreciate any credits or references back to Las Venturas Playground. Furthermore, just be fair. Don't claim as if you made this, and link people to this topic for the latest downloads.

Where can I download the source code for the editor?
The source code for the LVP Pawn Editor has not been released yet. We may do so at a later point in time.

It looks exactly like the SA-MP Editor! Wasn't the source code lost?
The source code was lost, but we were able to re-use some of the already compiled libraries. The UI framework, Dev Express, is part of that. Furthermore, while a different version, we also use Scintilla as the editing component. The rest of the code was written from the ground up.

What is "compiler-generated documentation" in my project's settings? The code in the screenshots have weird syntax!
Las Venturas Playground uses a PreCompiler for automatically creating documentation and adding some new features to Pawn's syntax, such as classes, fast command processing and debugging tools. While we do intend to release the LVP PreCompiler as well, it's not ready for that yet.

What are the system requirements?
You need to have a Windows computer with .NET Framework installed. Mac OS X and Linux will not be supported.

Download the LVP Pawn Editor

Messages In This Thread
Las Venturas Playground Pawn Editor (+ download!) - by Russell - 11-23-2012, 10:55 PM