Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Football Topic
It was harsh to say the least, although it was a bit clumsy. Nice to get a decision like that at Anfield though.
(05-15-2011, 05:17 PM)dappamikey link Wrote: It was harsh to say the least, although it was a bit clumsy. Nice to get a decision like that at Anfield though.

I say that when we get a penalty at Old Trafford.

Harry needs to use this keeper more. He's so much better than Gomez.
A what at Old Trafford? Never heard of such a thing.

I sense is going to be a long 30 mins for our defence as we try and shut up shop, which is not something we're all that good at.
(05-15-2011, 05:23 PM)dappamikey link Wrote: A what at Old Trafford? Never heard of such a thing.

Neither did I until the 08/09 season when we beat them 4-1 at Old Trafford. I'm not too sure but I think Webb was the referee then too. Right after our penalty though C.Ronaldo got a penalty...or we got one after him.
Well it wouldn't be fair to give only the opponents a penalty at OT.

On a lighter note, LOL at West Ham and Arsenal.
To think Arsenal were title contenders a couple weeks ago...wow...

And I think it's safe to say Spurs have this. Liverpool haven't been much of a threat today. They can't be fatigued, they're professionals and only play on the weekend.

I'm still not convinced by Andy Carroll. He's done a Maxi and went hidden throughout the game and when he touches the ball it doesn't do much. I guess we'll have to wait until next May to find out if Carroll was anywhere near worth the £35m we paid for him.

Lol at the Spurs player falling into the crowd.
Ledley King is immenese, if only he could play more than 10 games a season.

As for Andy Carrol I think you'll have to judge him on a full season when fullly fit, though I wasn't convinced paying that much for a guy who hadn't even played 20 games in the top flight was good business.

Ledley King's a decent player when he's fit. You wouldn't believe he hasn't played since October.

And I know we'll have to give Carroll a full season, he hasn't played much for us yet, though I have my doubts we'll get our £35m worth out of him - and it's rare I feel that way about a player.

Liverpool 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur

It was a great opportunity to qualify for Europa. Tottenham are 1pt clear and only need to draw (with Liverpool drawing) to qualify. At the same time, we only need a draw with them losing to qualify as we have the goal difference.

Spurs deserved all 3 points, even if the penalty should have been a free kick Spurs would have still won 1-0 and Liverpool weren't much of a threat for the majority of the game. We always have a game like this, we go on a great run then come to a dead stop (and often on an important game). Hopefully this is one of them games and we beat Aston Villa 3-0 next week.

The only problem is Spurs only have Birmingham to deal with, and at the Lane, so Europe doesn't look as likely as it did yesterday.

Still, I won't be too disappointed if we fail to qualify. We were fearing relegation in December, and if we don't get Europe then we can concentrate on the league and FA cup. The Europa would be good though, as it's good for youth players and players getting back to fitness, as well as getting more known by locals.

I certainly wouldn't miss channel 5 football though, or that Irish guy with the glasses whose name escapes me. Apparently he's a Liverpool fan, but he's still annoying.
I'd say Stan Collymore beats him in the annoying stakes (Colin Murray).

On the game itself I have to say I was expecting something of an onslaught from Liverpool after the injustice of the second goal but no one really had a spark about them (except the streaker who livened up the last 20 mins).

Well we've won at Anfield and The Emirates this season but failed to beat West Brom, Wigan, West Ham, Blackpool and Sunderland at home so it's still very much in the balance especially considering Birmingham are one of five teams seperated by one point at the bottom.

I think the only advantage to the Europa League is for co-efficents and potential seedings in future CL campaigns. I suspect getting top 4 will be even harder next season now the scousers are back, and teams like Villa and Everton are capable of challenging also if they don't have their almost annually awful starts to the season.
Stan Collymore...lol, yesterday on TalkSport he said "Liverpool fans only wear a replica bird on their chest but I wore the real one", and a friend of mine called the show and said "The difference between us and you is we wear our badge with pride, you didn't! You were a talent but a wasted talent and don't ever say we only wear a replica badge because if it wasn't for us you'd of had no wages.", at which point he cut her off.

I remember reading the story of him having sex with Roy Evan's daughter while Roy Evans was in the room next door (while Roy was LFC manager and Collymore played for him). I wouldn't blame him though (have you seen her?), but still a funny story.

*The quote was from Facebook, and I made some adjustments in grammar, but not a lot.

And lol at Arsenal losing to Aston Villa, Man City have a shot at 3rd place, and since Arsenal were huge disappointments this season I hope City get 3rd.

Oh and it was Sandro who fell into the crowd. I thought it was him, I heard "andro" but didn't hear the bit before that.