Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Photography
You have to follow them with the camera, that way the background is blurred and the runner is in focus.

Or is that not what you meant, is there actually a problem with the camera? In which case, probably not the best forum to ask for help on fixing it.
Hi there Weezy,

Panning shots is what you mean? Is one of the most difficult things in Photography. The thing to try is to get the subject in focus and the bkacground not.

Panning shots work like this. It's to achieve to get the subject in the same position as your frame during the exposure. This means that the subject is sharp and the rest is blurred. But remember, this is a difficult thing.

So you can just better start with some higher shutterspeeds and your aperture wide open. (With a bigger aperture you need less light to make the photo)

For this you need a pretty lightstrong lens and a fast focus is not that bad too. So with your 18-55 it's pretty difficult to take such pictures.

If you have the newest 18-55 there is IS on the lens too. If you take pictures of moving subjects, IS won't help a thing and is just an disadvantage. So turn your IS off and take such pictures when there is enough light.

greetz,

jerico
Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to get a 55-300 or something.

I have around 500$, what do you recommend?
(I live in the states, so if you find a link to something from the us, I could order it...)

Thanks again!
[Image: img0976q.jpg]
Some ice fishing over the weekend
[Image: img0998r.jpg]
My Golden Retriever in the snow
(02-01-2011, 04:20 AM)Weezy link Wrote: I have a problem with my Canon EOS 1000D 18-55.
Whenever I try to take a picture while someone is running or something like that, it just looks awful and weird.
Use manual settings, set shutter speed, focus length and ISO according to lighting.
(02-02-2011, 11:12 PM)Mark link Wrote: Use manual settings, set shutter speed, focus length and ISO according to lighting.

Yeah that are just basic settings, nothing to do with manual or other modes on the camera and i really don't know what you mean with focal length because that has really really nothing to do with it, i think you mean aperture You could use Tv too. If you want to take pictures of fast moving objects. Your shutter speed is the most important thing, you want a fast shutter speed to freeze your object. How fater the shutter speed how less time the subject is projected on the sensor, the less movement could occure.

Tv let's you set the shutter speed and the camera does the rest. Perfect setting for beginners. IF you finally got some nice pictures, Look at the exif data and you could actually see what the settings of the camera were when you took that picture.

Things like:

Iso
Shutter speed(what you selected)
Aperture (f-number)
lighting(let the camera manage it, because it's a dificult task)

Once you get known to the settings and you get the photo out of it which you like, move on to manual and try different settings, all i could advice is. Take the fastest shutterspeed you could have( for fast moving objects) and to say it once again, try a lot of different settings. Because after all it's digital and the only downside of clicking some extra photo's and erase them is that your clickcount goes up.

hey photonubs what does ISO stand for? :\

I googled it but, I don't know... I couldn't find
International Organization for Standardization
It's so nations all over the globe uses the same measurements, so if u order something from another country u can expect it to match your countries measures

Might be something else for photos though, lol :D
You are exactly right Grim.

It's a standarization. There are a lot of standarizations but for photography it is  ISO 5800:1987. In the standard it sais which amount of light is needed to develop a photo. In the early years it was in the doca. You could put a roll with a certain amount of ISO/ASA  in your camera. Now a days it's all digital and we speak about digital numbers.

Greets,

jerico
Did some photo shoots with my girlfriend today at her work, this is the best result:

[Image: jzvg4j.jpg]