Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Upgrading My PC* | EDIT: Building PC - Help with parts.
(05-25-2009, 03:57 PM)FarePak link Wrote: Yeah, by saying "Motherboard" and "2.66GHz duo intel" doesn't really tell us much..

yeah, 2.66GHz duo Intel could be a pentium D or a E8300 hehe, and they have an hardcore different performance

@TR1pin: If you aren't sure what CPU & Mainboard you got, download the Program CPU-Z (no installation required, just run the program). It will tell you all, CPU name and frequency, motherboard name, chipset, RAM.

Just tell us! :)
It would be kinda stupid if he didn't know what he bought though :/s
Ohhh, didn't say this in here: ( only to hitman )

I got given the 2.66GHz CPU, Motherboard & RAM, and DVD & HDD.

But i haven't assembled the computer because I don't have a case, is it possible to plug in all plugs and put a fan on the PC so it will be colder, at least just until I get the case?
It will be cooler, yea....but safe for your components? no. Unless you can ensure that nothing at all touches it and no water gets dropped on it, then go ahead. Also make sure it's not on carpet and use the door from your old PC case to put it on.

Do you know anything more about the parts that you were given? Do you even know if they work/compatible with each other?
I haven't dropped anything on my parts yet and its still on the table, this is a pretty old picture since I got a new motherboard and PSU now but I just can't be bothered putting in the case atm.

And... how can you not know what you've bought

[Image: 33kymww.jpg]
lol Farepak...don't you get annoyed with how loud everything is?
Not really, music is on all the time when I go on my computer so I never really notice it.
Lol FarePak, you're a hero.
FarePak I like your monitor, what is the name/brand etc. and where did u get it?
Erm the brand is Fujitsu, not one of the best brands but idc about quality of display since it all looks the same to me, I live in UK and got it from a store called Argos, but they don't sell it anymore and had it cheaper because of my brothers discount for working there lol.