Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Upgrading My PC* | EDIT: Building PC - Help with parts.
(05-14-2009, 08:49 PM)Strika link Wrote: i lol'd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dec-zZ0cy...ernalembed

E8400 would completely blow away any tri core.

well the Phenom he mentioned was a Phenom II, that is a) higher clocked, b) a new micro architecture, c) also in 45nm, d) got better cache and has e) better performance at same clocks than the old phenom 1

Phenom was a complete failure by AMD, but the Phenom II kicks ass
(05-14-2009, 08:51 PM)Hitman link Wrote: well the Phenom he mentioned was a Phenom II, that is a) higher clocked, b) a new micro architecture, c) also in 45nm, d) got better cache and has e) better performance at same clocks than the old phenom 1

Phenom was a complete failure by AMD, but the Phenom II kicks ass
ah my bad, i still rather go with c2d and intel over amd. imo 3 core is bs
Overclocked e8400 wouldn't be better than a overclocked Phenom 720.

My Phenom 720 was clocked at 3.7GHz on a stock cooler, Im gonna get a better heatsink soon though and prolly go to 4.0GHz.
The new phenoms defiantly kick ass for sure,unlike the phenom's 1 etc. had the tlb erratum bug.

(05-14-2009, 08:53 PM)Strika link Wrote: ah my bad, i still rather go with c2d and intel over amd. imo 3 core is bs
That extra core will benefit when trying to tackle down a game such as gta 4 or crysis and other things you might get in to.

(05-14-2009, 06:29 PM)FarePak link Wrote: Plus placing the heatsink is like the easiest part of assembling the computer.
haha well really the only thing to worry about when installing the heatsink/fan,is snapping it down when it feels like your bending the shit out of your mobo,but overall a heatsink installation is by far the easiest :P

Oh one other thing Tr1pin:To make it easier,take the motherboard out first,install the cpu,heatsink/fan first.Then install the ram,without having the mobo in the case,That way it'll be much easier then trying to place everything inside the case.Manuals that come with anything these days,are terribly documented and are pretty much worthless to read..
(05-14-2009, 09:40 AM)Aaron link Wrote: If you would have checked the website i suggested,You'd be saving about $150 to $200..The website your using is way overpriced.Anyways like you care to ignore what I've suggested,just trying to help you save money peace

1 U.S. dollar = 1.31630907 Australian dollars (Google 15/05/09)

Get them to put it together in the store, it'll cost $10-$50 but unless you have a friend that really knows what they're doing, it's well worth it, as you won't blow a few hundred dollars from connecting something incorrectly.
@Aaron, the site isnt overpriced, its just having its prices in australian dollars, and not united states dollars.

1€ = 1,8AUD
I noticed once i took another look at the website,there prices are higher than the US but ordering from the US to there would be hella cost to shipping,unless you were to find everything with free shipping.

Like Maddolis said,if you feel weary about putting a computer together,spend the extra $50 or ask a friend to set it up for ya :)

My reason concerning money is,well because money is money and the world is revolved around money to a point,the not so wealthy people have to take advantage of the low prices..Obama was supposed to have the economy fixed well he didn't,the prices of everything went yay high.lol sorry for my blabbing bullshit but its true.
well Aaron u cant expect lower prices durin the financial crysis, and btw hardware is currently cheaper than ever before
The Corsair PSU's seems to gone up in price from before though
Yep hardware is cheap these days,but the money spent on your computer hardware,that could be used towards the problem of what most people are going through into today's society..Since the economy basically went to shit,it has people throwing away the "wants" and getting the real "needs" So in my mind I'd encourage anyone to go cheap as you can,still getting great quality products.