Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Post Your pic on the mods you are using in SA-MP
SAMI is just a batch interpreter for img-tool, due to img tool's multiple file replace not working correctly.

I didn't really care for it, but I found it useful for uninstalling the radar mod.
There is absolutely no reason to use SAMI for a few files :P
(04-20-2008, 01:11 AM)Fry link Wrote: SAMI is just a batch interpreter for img-tool, due to img tool's multiple file replace not working correctly.

I didn't really care for it, but I found it useful for uninstalling the radar mod.
There is absolutely no reason to use SAMI for a few files :P
You are "so right" :)
:w
Soz for 9 days old bump, but I was wondering:

Who could help me, if you know how, make my own texture mod?

Thanks ;)

I was gonna make a new topic but this is just as good
And you bumped a 9 day dead topic for something you could have typed in Google?.

Tada
I tried that, but I got a load of crap.

Thanks ass hole

j/k

:9
Ben's a twat. :+
WHO THE HELL TYPES QUESTIONS IN GOOGLE?!

I'll walk you through it. It's simple as pie.
You'll need three main tools, an IMG archive editor, a TXD archive editor, and an image editing program such as GIMP or Photoshop.
You can use various ones, but I strongly recommend IMG Tool 2.0 and TXD Workshop.
Once you have installed those, you must locate your GTA:SA directory.
This is usually:
Code:
<hard disk>://Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas
I will refer to this directory as "root".

Next, you'll want to find a file called:
Code:
gta3.img
This will usually be found in root/models.
If it's not, you're either a pirate (yarr) or mentally insane. Or a mentally insane pirate. That would be sweet.

Once you have located this file, open it with IMG Tool 2.0.
Soon, you will probably see a box occupied by a list of .txd, .dff, and .ifp files.
The prefix TXD is used for texture archives. They're the only files we're interested in right now.
Each .txd file contains all the textures and materials for a particular object.
For example, ak47.txd contains the gun's skin, muzzle flash, and weapon icon.

Press F3 (shortcut to "find") and type in the name of the texture you are looking for.
Vehicles will have their name (monster, majestic, bf400) as the texture file.
Once you have located this, right click the .txd file and choose "export". Place it in a temporary directory, we will be working from here.

Now you should have a TXD file. Open this file with TXD Workshop, and you should see the textures of the object appear in the list in the middle of the program.
You can preview what you want to edit based on the name of the texture, and a preview of its contents on the right. When you have selected the one you want to edit, highlight it, then click "Export" at the top of the program. If you are given a pop-up menu, select "Export as PNG". Save it near the .txd you pulled from gta3.img.

Now, edit the PNG file. I'll cover transparency later -- it's a bit difficult, and you shouldn't worry about it for now.

When you are done, re-open the extracted .txd, and select the old picture. Click "Import" at the top of the program, and find your edited image. When you're done, you should see the .txd file refresh.
Instead of the old picture, your new edited picture should appear in the materials list.

You're almost done. Click "Save TXD" at the top of the program (I cannot count how many times I have forgotten this step :X). You should re-open the saved .txd to make sure your picture saved correctly in it.

Open IMG Tool 2.0. Open gta3.img again, and find the .txd file you originally extracted.
Right click on the file, and choose "Replace".

Damn. That hurt to type up.
Probably should have made a thread instead or something.
Thanks! :D
I knew some of that, like gta3.img and how to replace the files... (i've installed alot of mods) and I have IMG tool and TXD workshop... but you taught me alot :9 thankoo

What about the .dff files? What are they for? :X are they the shape of the thing? for example, pcj600.dff is what makes the bike look like a, weell, bike?
.dff files contain the geometry of the object. :Y

If you extract one and open it in 3DS Max (somebody made a plugin, I believe), you can see the vertexes (verticies?), lines, faces, etc.

.dff files also contain UV maps, or where each part of the skin sheet goes.
You've probably seen skins that are just mashed up sections of characters. The UV coordinates place the certain parts of the image on certain faces. The fun part about this, though, is that the coordinates are relative to the image's size -- this is why you can have a higher-res texture sheet, as long as you scale everything perfectly.
[Image: 67012491yh5.jpg]
its not me, i just googled the bitch, ''Proof" SUMG PROOF
lol water walk
i wonna do that !

where do u get all these mods from ?