Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Bloodst3r - 11-20-2012

Jeeli, titling a religion ( Islam ) as a fairy tale is very disrespectful.

Also, as Weezy mentioned ironically, this topic is going off the track as a serious discussion.

People who post here should have good manners and respect to others no matter what others believe in.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Weezy - 11-21-2012

I understand what you're saying, but this is just an endless discussion, I mean everyone have their own different beliefs.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - KaBooM - 11-21-2012

(11-20-2012, 07:36 PM)M-Jeeli link Wrote: Wow, I never imagined that these words will come out of your keyboard of all the people.

So when did you stop believing in the fairy tale?

I knew you'd say that, I was just acting to be religious for the sake of dad.
Hmmm not so long ago. I've always kept thinking and researching through these past 2 years, but I came to a final conclusion like a month ago.
I kind of feel sorry for dad though, if he ever find out he's gonna have a heart attack. That's how messed up religion makes people.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 11-21-2012

Why should religion be treated with any more respect than one's political or football team allegiance?
There's absolutely no reason for it. In fact, seeing as many of the stories are completely unsubstantiated (define: fairytale) and adversely affect millions of people's education and wellbeing, I'd say people should be encouraged to ridicule it.
I'm not saying walk into a church and start talking shit on one's religion- but more suitably in the discourse of argument, for instance when an American school conducts a serious meeting on the possibility of teaching intelligent design, or in a religion-based thread in a forum, as seen here.
The comments here are as serious as any other on the board- if not more so- and if the forum wishes to maintain a credible level of free speech, none of these posts will be removed.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 11-21-2012

(11-20-2012, 10:14 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: Jeeli, titling a religion ( Islam ) as a fairy tale is very disrespectful.

Also, as Weezy mentioned ironically, this topic is going off the track as a serious discussion.

People who post here should have good manners and respect to others no matter what others believe in.

Sorry, but that's not my problem.
In addition to what Maddolis said, that's how any religion is, just complete utter nonsense.

(11-21-2012, 03:16 AM)KaBooM link Wrote: I knew you'd say that, I was just acting to be religious for the sake of dad.
Hmmm not so long ago. I've always kept thinking and researching through these past 2 years, but I came to a final conclusion like a month ago.
I kind of feel sorry for dad though, if he ever find out he's gonna have a heart attack. That's how messed up religion makes people.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him too.
So you knew that I've been on the dark side long ago? Haha was my acting so obviously fake?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 11-21-2012

If we could stop believing in a religion, we would be one step closer to world peace.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [NB]Zaibatsu - 11-21-2012

(11-21-2012, 03:16 AM)KaBooM link Wrote: I knew you'd say that, I was just acting to be religious for the sake of dad.

u cant be serious WTF lmao

[Image: I+am+going+full+retard+right+now+please+...8ccf27.png]

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 11-21-2012

Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=28190.msg433955#msg433955 date=1353479739]

This is a serious discussion, so therefore he is serious! Anyways i do understand that this happens quite often in very traditional environments where the father figure is "always right"

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 11-21-2012

Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=28190.msg433955#msg433955 date=1353479739]

That happens when your father is ready to cut your throat for the sake of religion.
In a best case scenario you would get a seal of shame tattoed on your forehead saying "kill me I'm Kafir".

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 11-21-2012

(11-20-2012, 10:14 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: Jeeli, titling a religion ( Islam ) as a fairy tale is very disrespectful.

Wrong, it's only disrespectful for those believing in the fairytale. If I go ahead and tell someone who believes in Santa, that he isn't real, then it's the same damn deal.