Las Venturas Playground
What car do you drive? [IRL] - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: What car do you drive? [IRL] (/thread-25547.html)

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Fuse - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 06:43 AM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: [Image: honda-cbr600rr-cbr60-2_1600x0w.jpg]
It seems redundant to lose acceleration just to go faster than 250 km/h, don't you think?
I imagine a loose chain could result in a slight power loss, it looks nice btw.

[Image: 2hnns5t.jpg]
Got myself one of these suckers few weeks ago.
Volvo v40 -98 phase 1, turbocharged inline 4 engine that does 170 HP.

You'd think it would run better than it does.

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Bloodst3r - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 08:00 AM)Zezima link Wrote: why would u wana go +260km/h ? u will die if u go on that speed if you fell of.
Probably would. But it's not like I reach top speed everyday everywhere. Probably maxed it 4/5 times only. It's not easy holding your hands off the throttle while you have the space to.

@Fuse: I'll lose top speed to gain acceleration, not lose acceleration to gain top speed. I wonder how much of my top speed am I gonna lose, since my Leyla, compared to other 600RRs, is already slower than usual.

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Nater - 06-28-2015

The reason it doesn't would be that its limited by revs aka RPM, The way the gears change make the engine react in different ways etc. Nice looking bike Bloodster.

Nice car Fuse, Not a big fan of wagons, But Volvo's are reliable and good.

Currently need to do some repairs to my FTO sadly, Got hit in the side by another driver and was driving down the highway and a bit of plaster broke my plastic guard behind front spoiler, And I reversed into a pole  :(

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Fuse - 06-28-2015

(06-27-2015, 05:57 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: @Fuse: I'll lose top speed to gain acceleration, not lose acceleration to gain top speed. I wonder how much of my top speed am I gonna lose, since my Leyla, compared to other 600RRs, is already slower than usual.
I just realized my misunderstanding, i see now.
Surely there's someone that can calculate it for you with the right parameters in-hand.
Another way to go about it - would be to mount the new parts, floor it and simply find out.

(06-28-2015, 07:09 AM)Nater link Wrote: Nice car Fuse, Not a big fan of wagons, But Volvo's are reliable and good.
I didn't use to like wagons either, you kinda grow into liking them.
Finding parts for a volvo in this country is so easy, they're cheap too.
It's not anything special but it'll do for now!

(06-28-2015, 07:09 AM)Nater link Wrote: Currently need to do some repairs to my FTO sadly, Got hit in the side by another driver and was driving down the highway and a bit of plaster broke my plastic guard behind front spoiler, And I reversed into a pole  :(
Handling that car like a true GTA player :7
My front spoiler is broken aswell, i guess that's what happens when the car is too damn low.

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Nater - 06-29-2015

(06-28-2015, 05:57 PM)Fuse link Wrote: I just realized my misunderstanding, i see now.
Surely there's someone that can calculate it for you with the right parameters in-hand.
Another way to go about it - would be to mount the new parts, floor it and simply find out.

I didn't use to like wagons either, you kinda grow into liking them.
Finding parts for a volvo in this country is so easy, they're cheap too.
It's not anything special but it'll do for now!

Handling that car like a true GTA player :7
My front spoiler is broken aswell, i guess that's what happens when the car is too damn low.

There is a few wagons I do like but some just don't look good, Some parts for Volvo's are expensive here, Depends what goes, But that's with any car!

Haha, I do give my car a bit shit at times because its fun! But only do it when the streets are dead, I got a speeding fine a few months back, $185.00 and lost one demerit point, My car is low as fuck, My front end bottoms out on some driveways, Has to be one of the most depressing sounds ever.

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - STyL4 - 06-29-2015

i like c00l cars!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Jerome - 06-29-2015

(05-11-2014, 06:06 PM)Fuse link Wrote: not like you ever crammed a v12 down in your little golf

*ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chreIG-6NXo

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Nater - 06-30-2015

Bloodster, I spoke to my warehouse manager at work (he's got a background in working on cars and bikes over the years and rode for many years to) He said depending on what chain and sprockets you use it will either increase or decrease your power different number of teeth etc. do different things.

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Bloodst3r - 07-06-2015

I'm replacing my front 16 teeth with a 15 and my rear is going from 42 to 44. I believe it will decrease my top speed and increase my acceleration. I've no idea what changes are going to be applied to the chain though. And until it arrives, I did fix the loose chain thingy and it's ripped up well but still it didn't increase my top speed. I have a friend who drives a 2006 600RR and his top speed is 265 or thereabouts. I highly doubt Honda would decrease the top speed in following models. I'm installing a power commander fairly soon and I'm hoping it would do the magic. If it doesn't, I'll lose hope in my beautiful Leyla  O+

Re: What car do you drive? [IRL] - Nater - 07-07-2015

(07-06-2015, 09:33 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I'm replacing my front 16 teeth with a 15 and my rear is going from 42 to 44. I believe it will decrease my top speed and increase my acceleration. I've no idea what changes are going to be applied to the chain though. And until it arrives, I did fix the loose chain thingy and it's ripped up well but still it didn't increase my top speed. I have a friend who drives a 2006 600RR and his top speed is 265 or thereabouts. I highly doubt Honda would decrease the top speed in following models. I'm installing a power commander fairly soon and I'm hoping it would do the magic. If it doesn't, I'll lose hope in my beautiful Leyla  O+

I asked my boss and he confirmed it will increase your acceleration. He suggested only doing the front and leaving the rear as it is.