Las Venturas Playground
[S]Taxi To Car Park - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [S]Taxi To Car Park (/thread-17993.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[S]Taxi To Car Park - g3344 - 05-06-2009

Since alot of people will taxi to ship or somewhere to find vehicals, then find there are none around and just wasted about 7k. How about making the car parkĀ  full of vehicals and make it possible to taxi to it. Just a thought. But maybe put a charge on using the vehical so people don't just go for the fastest one. So like a pick up truck will only cost $200 to use, but a bullet or turismo will cost $20,000. And if the vehicals are in high demand so like over 70% are in use, then add an additional charge to all vehicals. But when they aren't in use remove the charge. If this were implemented maybe have a /rent car to see the prices of current vehicals and how many are available.

Just a thought. This could be simplified or extended.

//Laterz

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - Matthias - 05-06-2009

I like the idea.

Let's see what everyone else thinks.

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - EvilGate - 05-06-2009

Don't like the idea to be honest, there are enough vehicles spawned over LV and afaik in SF and LS a few as well, if you'd like a fast car, go drive around with an other car to find some.

Plus, there is this import feature already.

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - SolidRock - 05-06-2009

(05-06-2009, 01:42 PM)EvilGate link Wrote: Don't like the idea to be honest, there are enough vehicles spawned over LV and afaik in SF and LS a few as well, if you'd like a fast car, go drive around with an other car to find some.

Plus, there is this import feature already.

Well I don't agree about the ammount of cars in LS and SF, there aren't enough imo.

Maybe a taxi to vehicle import?

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - Phyc0 - 05-06-2009

Err, Las Venturas Playground should have most of the vehicles based in LV, with only a few outside that area. Anyway, taxi-ing to a car park isn't really very realistic, in my opinion. Maybe that's OK though? :P

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - Richard - 05-06-2009

As I said on IRC:

LVP is laggy already.
Lots of cars in a place causes lag

lag + lag = worse lag.

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - ZheMafo - 05-06-2009

(05-06-2009, 02:50 PM)Richard link Wrote: As I said on IRC:

LVP is laggy already.
Lots of cars in a place causes lag

lag + lag = worse lag.
Can the management fix this lag? Some way? :)

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - g3344 - 05-06-2009

ok forget this then. BUT CAN WE HAZ MORE CARS OUTSIDE OF LV? SOME PEOPLE DONT WANT TO BE TRAPPED YOU KNOW! WE HAVE LIVES! WE WANT HOLIDAYS TO SF LS ALL THOSE OTHER COOL PLACES!

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - speedruntrainer - 05-06-2009

AGREE MORE CARS OUTSIDE LV, BUT MIND THE CAPS :P
EDIT: Yes, I even asked an Admin for a car when I was in SF Because there were No/less cars. /my stamina :/

and Add an Anti-lag system :P

Re: [S]Taxi To Car Park - Jerome - 05-06-2009

(05-06-2009, 12:05 PM)Jordi link Wrote: Since alot of people will taxi to ship or somewhere to find vehicals, then find there are none around and just wasted about 7k. How about making the car parkĀ  full of vehicals and make it possible to taxi to it. Just a thought. But maybe put a charge on using the vehical so people don't just go for the fastest one. So like a pick up truck will only cost $200 to use, but a bullet or turismo will cost $20,000. And if the vehicals are in high demand so like over 70% are in use, then add an additional charge to all vehicals. But when they aren't in use remove the charge. If this were implemented maybe have a /rent car to see the prices of current vehicals and how many are available.

Just a thought. This could be simplified or extended.

//Laterz

In my experience car parks filled with lots of cars in one place make it all laggy and shitty ( for example Permanant West side RP -.- That shit is disgusting ) I like the idea though, in theory. But before /taxi carpark there should be a taxi to FC -.- I've been waiting 31232341342 year's for that, and i think it would be more appropriate since FC is used alot.