Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[GUIDE] DJ'ing for LVP
1. Download & Install Winamp

2. Download & Install SHOUTcast Source DSP

3. Connect to IRC and join the #LVP.Radio channel using: /join #LVP.Radio

4. Request Voice rights (+v) from anyone with %, @ or &. If you do not receive Voice within a few minutes, you may like to ask in #LVP instead. If you do not receive a response on IRC, you may also post a topic about it in the Help Requests board.

5. Load up the SHOUTcast Source DSP interface, and input the following details:

Server Address: 82.192.76.193
Port: 8000
DJ / User ID: admin
Password: LVPShoutCast5

[Image: nLs6xIm.png]

Set the Encoder Type to MP3 Encoder
Set the Encoder Settings to 128kbps

[Image: htl8RQ4.png]

Give the stream a name (It will be the name shown when using !dj in #LVP.Radio or .dj in-game)

[Image: 78f76e3eb5.png]

6. Stop the AutoDJ, which will allow you to take over. You can do this with !stopautodj
The output of this command should look something like this:

Quote:<&George_> !stopautodj
<%Saber> * Info: The auto DJ is stopping and will reconnect after 60 seconds. Start DJ'ing now!

7. Press the Connect button in the program. Do this within 60 seconds after stopping the AutoDJ, otherwise AutoDJ kicks in again. 

You should now be connected and ready to play music! 

If you wish to monitor information like the amount of listeners and network status whilst DJing, please visit this link.

Please don't do silly things. If you wish to DJ, use your imagination and DJ some good music!

More importantly, kindly disconnect when you are AFK, no longer available, or done DJ'ing. Let the auto DJ take over in your absence and give others the opportunity to DJ.

Have fun!
what if people decide to do it at the same time?
I was wondering that too.

(01-11-2014, 03:59 PM)Shark link Wrote: what if people decide to do it at the same time?
Only one person can be connected at a time.
alright :)
Sent Mark a message about this two months ago, wanted to 'DJ' for a while after a long time. Anyway had already all the info but I couldn't connect
and now I see that I had the wrong port. And ofcourse he didn't answer me. Thank you for this.
Do not forget to put your encoder to MP3, else it will look like you're playing but we can't hear sound from the radio.

[Image: 6iBZU.png]

And make sure you use winamp as input

[Image: 6iCRF.png]
oh man I heard clashtime got raped hard in the freestyle battle. We need instrumentals!!
Does anybody know how to connect to the stream via. SAMBC?

Also, could someone grant me rights on IRC, so I can disable the bot? Don't know who to talk to.

(01-12-2014, 07:41 PM)Madlaggz link Wrote: Does anybody know how to connect to the stream via. SAMBC?

Also, could someone grant me rights on IRC, so I can disable the bot? Don't know who to talk to.

Ehh isn't it kinda self explaining? I think there's a thread about it in the DJ forum of how to connect using SAM BC, maybe Jay can move it here aswell..