Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ideas
(01-04-2007, 09:59 PM)Hotshot link Wrote:couldnt you make a mod that when a car is modded it becomes invinsable?

Eh no. I don't see any reason at all. Why would we want to have people driving around invincible? Next to the fact that it could easily be abused. This is a shooty-shooty game, where there is the danger of getting killed, always.
Maybe you could have a thing where when you signed up to a cruise your vehicle becomes invicible. But to stop people from jsut signing up and driving away to get a invicible car, when you got a certain distance from the leader your car stopped being invicible. The signing up could be a gang type thing, i mean each cruise has an ID. Problem is if a group of players says they are going to cruise but just drive around town killing. Ah well, only if there was an automatic noob banning script to put on the server *sigh* :D
My questions (ideas):
  • Why doesn't the jailtime increase when you're already jailed in that hour?
  • Why are there only 2 spawnhealth hearts all around the map (why only in LV)?
  • Why does a vehicle respawn so fast?
  • Why doesn't get people a place into jail when they're driving onto ramp to ship, although it's against the rules?
  • Why doesn't get people a place into jail when they're driving onto ramp to ship, although it's against the rules?
    The car automatically gets removed already, and then it's a bit harsh to jail someone for it.
    • Why are there only 2 spawnhealth hearts all around the map (why only in LV)?
    There are 4 atm, seems sufficient to me. Don't forget you can get health in all the food stores
    • Why doesn't the jailtime increase when you're already jailed in that hour?
    When someone is manually jailed by a crewmember, he will get bigger punishment when he breaks the rule again already. So it would only work for the autojail. Maybe we could look into it.
    I don't know why myself, but I do know we as LVP can't do anything about it.
Vehicles are normally respawned after 5 minutes.
And this is provided by SA-MP :(
I hope it will be better in SA-MP 0.2.
I know there may not be room in the game until SA-MP 0.2 and LVP 3 comes out, but a /dragrace command would be awsome to see who's tuner kicks the most. I tried to organize one w/o minigame support, but the other players were too busy doing other things, so I'll keep seeing if there is even demand for such a mode in-game.
(11-29-2006, 03:45 PM)Nakebod link Wrote:Katie is from the USA, !damo!spiderman is an kangaroo dude :+ and they have a ping between 200~250 afaik.
It's high, but it's playable. Sometimes my ping is around 200 when downloading some stuff, so i know it is playable :)

Lol! Actually my ping is normally 385 - 400+... i'm an admin.. I have found very little people who have a problem with me and my ping.. and i can play normally. Every now and then people notice my lag but its not heaps bad. If we made a rule about high pingers being kicked or banned then i would have to kick/ban myself... i dont see me doing that... If someone is going to the point of using their ping to their advantage(however you can do that? i always just have more trouble trying to hit anyone) then they're probably using cheats aswell anyway so they'll be kicked/banned anyway.. and hell its just a game so what if you get killed.

Suggestions from me - Remove the Hunters but leave the hotdog and add the hippy van and maybe a fire truck... they're all great vehicles for cruises!
Quote:cooolkast link=topic=163.msg2262#msg2262 date=1167949469]
I don't know why myself, but I do know we as LVP can't do anything about it.

Can't you replace the AddStaticVehicle[b] with [b]AddStaticVehicleEx?

Code:
native AddStaticVehicle(modelid, Float:spawn_x, Float:spawn_y, Float:spawn_z, Float:z_angle, color1, color2);
Code:
native AddStaticVehicleEx(modelid, Float:spawn_x, Float:spawn_y, Float:spawn_z, Float:z_angle, color1, color2, respawn_delay);

1 extra variable? Can it be used or is it bugged?
Goat6 has quite a big idea.
I think it would be brilliant!
I thought of it lastnight. It's a big minigame, which goes something like this:
Someone starts it, and people type /x to participate. The people participating are alternately put on a different team. The starter of the minigame gets to choose his/her team, the next person to join is on the opposite team, and the next is on the starters team, etc.
There could be several different settings for this game, /x1 /x2 etc.
It would be like a invasion game. You played single player yeah? Like one of those missions where you go into a building and people are crouched on balconies and stuff in warehouses.
I think it would be a really fun thing. Like capturing the gang base, but a minigame, and not based around who can run-around-in-circle-shoot and who can't. You could choose a gun on spawn by commands or something incase you don't have weapons. Everyone has full armour instantly.
It should be more of a M4/AK47 thing than a sawnoff shotgun fight. Ya know, crouch behind a box, zoom in on the guy up top and shoot him. All that.
That is most of my idea. I'd like to see if anyone likes it and can expand upon it.
The locations should be carefully chosen. Maybe some of the warehouses used in the like-missions on single player could be used? Smokes Crack House...the warehouse at the docks near the begining of the game, etc. Maybe Area 69.
Goat6! That is a great idea!

But, there would have to be a way of stopping noobs creating a gang and doing it with a 1 man team... Also with this what if the defenders aren't at the base? What if none owns the base? How does the mini-game work then?

Also, pre-loaded with SA-MP server is a Area51 script, with attack and defend. People parachute in, and can either use stealth to gain entry or brute force their way in. Their markers aren't shown on the radar. This also happens in minigun madness.

-tj