Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Which football game series do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FIFA
45.28%
24 45.28%
PES
22.64%
12 22.64%
I like both
7.55%
4 7.55%
I like neither
18.87%
10 18.87%
Depends on the year
5.66%
3 5.66%
Total 53 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FIFA vs PES
Is FIFA 11 worth getting (from a FIFA 10 player’s point of view)? The only differences I know from reading is the passing and the graphics (they are pretty nice, most of Liverpool look spotless besides Gerrard and Milan and a couple others). That to me isn’t worth buying.

And please, only FIFA fans who have played FIFA 10 enough to answer. I don’t want any “get PES instead” responses.
i played Fifa since i born  :w
I have the same question as Munch. I've already downloaded and played PES 2011; I liked it, there's been a lot of changes and let's say improvement compared to PES 2010, even though there're still a few bugs (as usual in any game), but overall it's way better, more challenging and entertaining than PES 2010. Right now I'm downloading FIFA 11, but, is it worth it? Has any of you played both already? I want opinions please. I read that the PC version of FIFA 11 would use the same engine from consoles this time, so it should be real good now.

(/me pokes XiZ)
fifa.
(10-04-2010, 11:07 AM)Munch link Wrote: Is FIFA 11 worth getting (from a FIFA 10 player’s point of view)? The only differences I know from reading is the passing and the graphics (they are pretty nice, most of Liverpool look spotless besides Gerrard and Milan and a couple others). That to me isn’t worth buying.

And please, only FIFA fans who have played FIFA 10 enough to answer. I don’t want any “get PES instead” responses.

Are you asking regarding the PC or console version?

@ Jhon FIFA 11 on the PC is much like FIFA 10 on the PS3/XBOX 360. I play both FIFA 11 and PES 11 on the PC and well, PES is better on the PC imo.
But if you want to play either one on the console, definitely go for FIFA 11; it has improved a lot. I would even go as far as suggesting to get both, FIFA and PES.

FIFA 11's new features like the new passing, be a pro+ and be a goalkeeper are only available for the console versions. :(

PES!
(10-07-2010, 08:12 PM)Turkey link Wrote: Are you asking regarding the PC or console version?

Oh I meant the PC version.
@Turkey: How hilarious and ironic what you said is. I've always >sidenote: on PC, I don't have consoles< played PES games since PES 5, I only tried FIFA once (guess that was 07 or 08 which I hated badly), yet PES 2011 disappointed me a lot whereas FIFA 11 really impressed me. And that confirms the rumors were right, they used (nearly) the same engine from consoles on the PC version now.

I played PES, already won the worldcup after 3 or 4 attempts, but not because it was that much of a "challenge", but because of how much they fucked the game up this time. Tell me, how the FUCK is it possible that a player like let's say Messi or Cristiano who run pretty fast, can be caught up and overtaken by a fucking slower player like VAN DER VAART while this last one was meters behind the first mentioned player? Yes, I know some people complained about you being able to leave the entire rival team behind with one player and score, which I agree with because it's unrealistic, but come on, this is ridiculous and even worse. Any defender can catch up with any forward.

Now, the shooting system: fucking fucked the fuck up. I swear, so far after nearly 20 matches or more against the CPU, I haven't scored a single goal with a "normal" or "spectacular" shot from outside the area, 98% of them have been a high cross then headshot. If you're a few meters away from the area, when you press the shoot button even if the power bar doesn't reach half of its range the ball goes the fuck away and fucking high so it's basically impossible, and if you're inside the area you can get smoke outta the button but the player will shoot like if he just had his pedicure. What the fuck is that? Did some idiot have the idea to add that shit Jabulani effect to PES maybe? It's really frustrating. What I've seen is that every year, they "solve" a few bugs, cover others up with makeup, and add new, also bugged features, that's how the business is  :roll:

Regarding FIFA 11, it feels way more natural and realistic, and in that one if you play on the highest difficulty level you get beaten (in my first match Barcelona raped me 6-0 in the first half and I quit it haha) because it's actually hard, not because of some shitty bugs or features. Still, only thing I didn't like from it is the players' faces, they barely have any similarity with the real ones, that's basically the only aspect in which PES raped FIFA, but in the rest FIFA won by far imo.

I don't know, it'll be hard for me to make a final choice because I've always been used to PES and that's the game I always play with my mates, but I'm really tempted to switch to FIFA now. I'll try both for a while  :Y)

(10-08-2010, 05:10 AM)Jhon link Wrote: Still, only thing I didn't like from it is the players' faces, they barely have any similarity with the real ones, that's basically the only aspect in which PES raped FIFA, but in the rest FIFA won by far imo.

Have you seen the Liverpool squad? From what I've seen a lot of them look spot on.
(On FIFA 11)
I really haven't played FIFA a lot yet, nor have I seen the Liverpool squad... I only played Real Madrid vs Barcelona matches, yet I could barely recognize any of them. In PES every single player I've seen so far (even Ronaldo or Roberto Carlos who are "unnoficial" / old players) looks identical to the real one. I'll get screenshots and show you as an example, gonna edit this post when done.