Las Venturas Playground
Football Topic - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Football Topic (/thread-21375.html)

Re: Football Topic - Munch - 06-10-2011

(06-10-2011, 12:23 PM)azerty link Wrote: How mutch are Wilshere , Walcott worth ? 50 and 45 mil ?

Well if Henderson is worth £20m, although we paid about £13m-£16m as N'Gog hasn't gone yet, and Everton's Jack Rodwell and Baines are around £20m, Walcott would be about £35m-£40m and Wilshere could well be in the £50m mark.

English players are vastly overpriced just because they're English. There's the homegrown rule and also because they're already used to playing in England, and the Premier League (as the overpriced players are generally in the Premier League). They are also said to play with more passion than foreign players, although the national squad says otherwise.

Re: Football Topic - dappamikey - 06-19-2011

So Luka's on his way it appears, I just hope we milk Chelsea for every penny (anything less than 40m would be disappointing). I also wish we would stop selling players to clubs we are trying to compete with and force them abroad.

Anyway I'm hopeful of it being a blessing in disguise as it may allow VDV to drop back and we can play a more normal 4-4-2 or Kranjcar can come in and show how good he is. I couldn't bear us losing both Kranjcar and Modric in one summer - that kind of creativity is not easily replaced.

Re: Football Topic - azerty - 06-19-2011

(06-19-2011, 04:22 PM)dappamikey link Wrote: So Luka's on his way it appears, I just hope we milk Chelsea for every penny (anything less than 40m would be disappointing). I also wish we would stop selling players to clubs we are trying to compete with and force them abroad.

Anyway I'm hopeful of it being a blessing in disguise as it may allow VDV to drop back and we can play a more normal 4-4-2 or Kranjcar can come in and show how good he is. I couldn't bear us losing both Kranjcar and Modric in one summer - that kind of creativity is not easily replaced.
more than 40 mil for modric ? cmon thats a total rip-off chelsea shouldn't be giving more than 25-28 mil for a decent player

Re: Football Topic - dappamikey - 06-19-2011

Maybe so, but your valuation is obviously biased due to who you support. I based my valuation on the current market conditions and his contract length. If Henderson (as one example of many that could be given) is worth 20mill than Modric is certainly worth 40mill.

We have history of making the absolute maximum when we are being forced to sell so it's a very realistic figure.

Re: Football Topic - Munch - 06-19-2011

If Chelsea can pay £50m for a declining Torres, £40m for Modric sounds perfectly reasonable.

(06-19-2011, 07:08 PM)Munch link Wrote: If Chelsea can pay £50m for a declining Torres, £40m for Modric sounds perfectly reasonable.
yeah and then barcelona should pay around 60-70 mil for fabregas as if torres is realy worth 50mil
You ridiculous we all know chelsea vastly overpaid for torres , so did liverpool for Caroll and Henderson . I m sorry but for 40mil chelsea could get pastore / Hamsik who for ME are better than a Modric

Did I say Torres was worth £50m? No, I said if they can pay £50 for Torres who was in the decline, I'm sure they'd be willing to pay £40m for Modric.

This has nothing to do with actual valuations or whether they're worth it, it's just what clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City do.

"We all know Chelsea vastly overpaid for Torres"

No shit! That was the point of my post! Chelsea are happy to pay a lot for flops so there is no reason they wouldn't pay £40m for someone like Modric.

(06-19-2011, 07:48 PM)Munch link Wrote: Did I say Torres was worth £50m? No, I said if they can pay £50 for Torres who was in the decline, I'm sure they'd be willing to pay £40m for Modric.

This has nothing to do with actual valuations or whether they're worth it, it's just what clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City do.

"We all know Chelsea vastly overpaid for Torres"

No shit! That was the point of my post! Chelsea are happy to pay a lot for flops so there is no reason they wouldn't pay £40m for someone like Modric.
i stand by my point wich was you cannot expect someone to ever pay more than 30mil for a decent player . Not even Chelsea or Man city .
It's like me saying that selling Fabregas for anything less than 65 mil is a rip off

(06-19-2011, 07:52 PM)azerty link Wrote: i stand by my point wich was you cannot expect someone to ever pay more than 30mil for a decent player . Not even Chelsea or Man city .
It's like me saying that selling Fabregas for anything less than 65 mil is a rip off

How can I not expect them to pay that much a decent player? Manchester City paid £22m-£24m for Joleon Lescott. Lescott!! They paid £26m for James Milner (including selling Steven Ireland) who is overrated and not worth that price range. There are plenty other players they've paid too much for.

English players are HIGHLY overpriced (we've been over this already), hence Henderson's price and Andy Carroll (though that was a panic buy). While Modric is not English if clubs like City are willing to pay this much money for overrated English players, why would they or Chelsea not pay over £30m for Modric?

It's not about what YOU value a player at, it's what the Premier League value a player at, in which Chelsea and City like to increase that valuation by quite a percentage and pay the amount without much thought.

The Torres deal can be forgiven as he was an amazing player for Liverpool, but Chelsea bought him when he was on his way out.

If young Michael Owen was around now playing the way he used to, I wouldn't put it past Chelsea or City to want to pay over £30m for him...even though I think that would be a reasonable price given the current market.

(06-19-2011, 08:07 PM)Munch link Wrote: How can I not expect them to pay that much a decent player? Manchester City paid £22m-£24m for Joleon Lescott. Lescott!! They paid £26m for James Milner (including selling Steven Ireland) who is overrated and not worth that price range. There are plenty other players they've paid too much for.

English players are HIGHLY overpriced (we've been over this already), hence Henderson's price and Andy Carroll (though that was a panic buy). While Modric is not English if clubs like City are willing to pay this much money for overrated English players, why would they or Chelsea not pay over £30m for Modric?

It's not about what YOU value a player at, it's what the Premier League value a player at, in which Chelsea and City like to increase that valuation by quite a percentage and pay the amount without much thought.

The Torres deal can be forgiven as he was an amazing player for Liverpool, but Chelsea bought him when he was on his way out.

If young Michael Owen was around now playing the way he used to, I wouldn't put it past Chelsea or City to want to pay over £30m for him...even though I think that would be a reasonable price given the current market.
i know what you mean but as a fan you can't tell me you are realy expecting more than 40mil for modric cmon  8)7 8)7 even with the market going crazy i wouldn't pay that mutch neither will somoene with some brains