Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Samp.exe (virus)?
hello

my ad-aware found in samp.exe a win32.trojan.spy and i scanned many others (15 people) and every1 has that virus, i test that becouse my samp.exe can be infected by a other virus. and we ALL play LEGAL! ;)

some1 has this problem too?

greetings
(06-13-2008, 06:25 PM)Nighthunter link Wrote: i scanned many others (15 people) and every1 has that virus

Care to elaborate?
elaborate??

sorry i dont know that word

greetins
Elaborate means give more details.

What he is saying is that when he uses his virus scanner, SA-MP.exe is shown as a win32.trojan.spy meaning that SA-MP is infected. He has told 15 other people to try this and they all had the same problem.
Did you get your SA-MP from the offical website..?
If you did i have no idea why it says it has a virus, i've been using SA-MP for at least 7 months now and i had no virus warnings or anything.
You can get the SA-MP from the offical website here: www.sa-mp.com/download
Also what do you mean that 15 other people have that virus? who are they? are they your friends or something? did they get it from the same website you had it from?
Didn't they mention this about that one ex-dev who hacked it?

Maybe he hacked it more than he wanted.

Eather way i guess it's true if 15 more people for this.

ded
no one fucking hacked it so stop trying to be a know it all.

Ad-Aware 2008 detects sa-mp as spyware, it is a false positive. the .exe is clean, it is nothing to worry about.
(06-14-2008, 08:51 AM)HaZe link Wrote: no one fucking hacked it so stop trying to be a know it all.

Well said.
(06-13-2008, 08:47 PM)Chanster link Wrote: Elaborate means give more details.

ok thx now i know what that means

(06-13-2008, 09:29 PM)FarePak link Wrote: Did you get your SA-MP from the offical website..?

yes

(06-13-2008, 09:29 PM)FarePak link Wrote: If you did i have no idea why it says it has a virus, i've been using SA-MP for at least 7 months now and i had no virus warnings or anything.

a trojan is a background virus, it is silent and used 1% cpu maybe less and u cant see it, thats why u dont get any warnings

(06-13-2008, 09:29 PM)FarePak link Wrote: You can get the SA-MP from the offical website here: www.sa-mp.com/download

yes

(06-13-2008, 09:29 PM)FarePak link Wrote: Also what do you mean that 15 other people have that virus? who are they? are they your friends or something? did they get it from the same website you had it from?

yes it are friends and family and we all play legal and get the SA-MP from thesame offical website

(06-14-2008, 08:51 AM)HaZe link Wrote: Ad-Aware 2008 detects sa-mp as spyware, it is a false positive. the .exe is clean, it is nothing to worry about.

ooh ok but i still find it strange

(06-14-2008, 02:03 AM)Chris5170xD link Wrote: Didn't they mention this about that one ex-dev who hacked it?

Maybe he hacked it more than he wanted.

u mean i hack the program of i am hacked or something?
or what u mean?

15 more(friends - family) has this problem too i think its not my mistake
There have been several posts and topics on the offical SA:MP with information about this problem. Some topics include http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=61945.0 and http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=61138.0 maybe you can find more information in these.