Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Allow all symbols for names plugin plis.
There's a plugin that allows all symbols to be used for names. That way we could use <P> tag in LVP. NB/M2S has it, and it rocks. Please please please. Thanks. :D
Symbols are disallowed in names for a reason. Defintely a no.

Where is this plugin anyway?
(06-10-2008, 06:15 PM)Jay link Wrote: Symbols are disallowed in names for a reason. Defintely a no.

Where is this plugin anyway?

And what exactly is this reason, Jay?
Well, things like percent signs back in 0.1b sometimes used to cause crashes IIRC. Its also quite abusive if people connect with names full of symbols like &$^$%&&(&*&^YO%^&%**%^ it makes things harder to use, for example teleporting to a player and using there name instead of there id (which is something I personally prefer and do a lot). It dosn't look very good either in the mainchat, if everyone has names that like that.

I didn't even think such a thing would be possible via a plugin, infact I still don't see how it would be able to bypass the name detections in SA:MP, but im clueless about any other scripting languages except Pawn and a little of LUA, so I wouldn't really know.
(06-10-2008, 10:26 PM)Jay link Wrote: Well, things like percent signs back in 0.1b sometimes used to cause crashes IIRC. Its also quite abusive if people connect with names full of symbols like &$^$%&&(&*&^YO%^&%**%^ it makes things harder to use, for example teleporting to a player and using there name instead of there id (which is something I personally prefer and do a lot). It dosn't look very good either in the mainchat, if everyone has names that like that.

I didn't even think such a thing would be possible via a plugin, infact I still don't see how it would be able to bypass the name detections in SA:MP, but im clueless about any other scripting languages except Pawn and a little of LUA, so I wouldn't really know.

There were unannounced plans for something which required the limitation of name-characters, which also lead to removing them. Only the "%" got removed from the normal chat (it wasn't allowed in nicknames anyway) due to possible crashing, the rest got removed because of these plans which won't even be completed anyway. Disabling the checks via e plugin would be possible, and I'm indeed quite sure someone ever made one.
Woo, encouraging word from the man himself! :)

I'll find a link for the plugin, and post back.
Small chance that we are gonna use it tho.
Or we can control what characters are possible, then it's a very small maybe, but atm I don't see any real advantage in having a < instead of a [. It's not a big difference.
(06-11-2008, 10:23 PM)Nakebod link Wrote: Small chance that we are gonna use it tho.
Or we can control what characters are possible, then it's a very small maybe, but atm I don't see any real advantage in having a < instead of a [. It's not a big difference.

Well, tbh, it's kinda essenital for my clan... we lost a lot of members 'cos of it. As 99 once said, "you need <P>, cos [P] looks like a parking lot sign dude" or somehting like that.

Not just that: remember that variety is the spice of life! :D

Also: you should be able to control which characters are used very easily by checking for them OnPlayerConnect and kicking users of illegal characters, or something even cleverer I'm sure.
Show us the link to the plugin.
(06-11-2008, 11:36 PM)Jay link Wrote: Show us the link to the plugin.

Hmmmk, apparently there is no link to the plugin... but when I asked NB about it, 99 said this:

Quote:90NINE"]Technically it was made by me even if someone showed me how to do it ;p
mine isnt a plugin either although that would probably be the best way to do it.
I don't think the person who showed me/eM how to make it would want it shared either but who knows ;)
Crazybob's also has the special nicknames enabled in their server.
Tbh you probably would be better off waiting for peter to create one. it shouldn't take him long since he most likely already knows exactly how to do it seeing that he actually has seen/has the source.