Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Movies That Convey The GTA Experience...

I have been trying to find a great movie that reminds me of GTA for a long time. Everyone knows that Vice City was largely based on Scarface and the original Miami Vice. There are also a handful of generic action flicks that the average monkey could point a stick at and make a general comparison to anything that involves guns and cars. However, I have finally discovered the one true movie that really seems to not only remind of GTA.. I dare say that GTA was partially influenced by elements of this film. The movie is the 1990 film, The Rookie, which was directed and starred in by Clint Eastwood. Some of the memorable GTA-esque moments include the intense biker bar fights, the cops motorcycle collection, the junkyard crane lift, the crazy bad girl with an accent, pool cues being used as a weapon, wreckless driving, cocaine, the car theft ring, rival ethnic groups, big money, blah blah. This movie rules. If you like Grand Theft Auto, you would probably like The Rookie. Imagine a Vice City storyline, in the setting of GTA3, with the sheer ballsy violence of San Andreas and you have the 1990 Clint Eastwood film "The Rookie."
Oo make a review in the Movie Tip topic then :w

I'm gonna se If I can find that movie :+

:)

I remember there was a long sequence in T2 with a bike/truck chase through Los Angeles' flood control tunnels. I'm sure part of Los Santos was based on that scene
(06-21-2008, 03:13 AM)Fry link Wrote: I remember there was a long sequence in T2 with a bike/truck chase through Los Angeles' flood control tunnels. I'm sure part of Los Santos was based on that scene

I love that movie