Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Car Cannon Physics Bug
I recently found an interesting, hilarious bug in GTA IV.

TakeTwo developed a very advanced physics engine for GTA IV. Many weapons & objects react properly to the world, players, cars, weather, gravity, and other objects. The company decided to put a little playground with a swingset to show off their fancy rope constraints. They did the swing right, but the swingset itself trembles uncontrollably whenever something makes contact with it.

Big whoop, just a little physics bug, right?
Wrong.
For some reason, the swingset is generating a massive amount of energy, and spazzing out. Sometimes, it leaves dents in the dirt (that's right) right under one of the legs that you can see marked by a large crack decal.

So how strong is it?
This swingset can catapult cars hundreds of feet in the air, and across the city.

One of my first experiences was being thrown out of my windshield when I tried to use it as a ramp. I sailed east into the ocean, and it took my a very long time to swim back. :/
The second time I tried it was when I was thrown out of my windshield right onto the train tracks. I heard a train coming, and thought something along the lines of "OSHI". I waited a while, but nothing happened, turned out what I heard was the train I just missed. Ah well. The car flew under the track and exploded, so I guess that made up for the coolness.

Don't believe me? Some kind soul went to the liberty of recording this graceful event in action. Check it out here.

If you want to try this yourself, head to this location. You'll see a park with a playground and two swingsets. I prefer the one on the north side, since it gives you a better arc.
Be careful, though - you might get flung out of your windshield, lose your car, and risk death. In single-player, you can get flung out of your windshield if you're facing the pole. There's no risk if you're facing away from it. In multiplayer, you don't have to worry about it either way.
Thats awesome, Ima try it right now.

"Mommy, watch me on the swing!"
What happens if you just run into it? (on foot) and what about a moto bike =]

Lol, either way, nice find!
hahahahaha _O-
Niice
lmao

Nice bug luol
Quote:FOoL link=topic=9765.msg114864#msg114864 date=1212213075]
What happens if you just run into it? (on foot) and what about a moto bike =]

Lol, either way, nice find!
I tried both of these. The motorcycle did nothing, on foot is a different story.
At first, nothing happened when I walked up to it. I was getting pretty ticked off, so I started punching & kicking it too. I walked around to the rear leg, and charged it with full force. I heard a huge THUMP sound. The fence actually slammed Niko into the ground with incredible force, instantly killing him. It was just incredible to watch, I nearly shit my pants.