Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Can't a guy go to the bathroom?
I keep getting kicked everytime I get up to get something or go to the bathroom or whatever. (3rd time since yesterday right now) Usually the message accuses me of idleing or it will say "Next time use pause" when I'm not ideling, I am using pause, and I am only gone for a few minutes!!!! It's not fair because I lose my props and have to start all over. Why does the admin (or who/what ever) tell me "to use pause" when I'm on pause? Does this happen automatically after a certain amount of time or something? If there is a rule I'm not following please let me know but I always thought you could go on pause for 5-10 minutes and never used to get kicked for it - if that's not the case then I'll sell my props and sign off next time. I scanned the rules and don't see it posted so why do I keep getting kicked all of a sudden. It seems like someone 'up there' doesn't like me or something. Up until yesterday this NEVER happened (unless of course I really did deserve it)

Now don't get me wrong; I'm the first to admit that I am sometimes guilty - but dang the last few days I can't even get up and go to the bathroom or grab a drink before I'm being kicked - and when it tells me "to use pause next time" when I'M ON PAUSE it's very annoying. I don't mind paying my dues and I'm happy to donate will gladly donate more as time goes on, but gee whiz can't a guy go to the bathroom and come back without getting kicked for ideling? How much time is considered "ideling"? At what point should I consider selling my props and signing off?

Thanks ahead of time - I don't mean to complain but after the third time in about 24 hours it's frustrating. I just want to know what the deal is - if I understand the rule I'll follow it - but if I'm not breaking a rule I'd appreciate it if I'd not be kicked when I just have to answer the phone or use the bathroom or whatever.
Sometimes when on /pause, Crew members will not use /locate (When paused, you go to Downtown, Los Santos, so that's why /locate is good) to make sure you are, in fact, paused. Now let me tell you why this matters. :+ When on /pause, some people may see you just running forward until you reach a wall where you will continue running against that wall. This is also a sign of minimizing your GTA: SA window (Escape key possible here too), which is idling as well. If we try to /fetch or respawn you in any way when you're minimized or paused, you aren't going to go anywhere. This tells us that you're idling and then we proceed to kick you for it with either the "Idling" or "Idling; next time use /pause" reason. If you do respawn, then we usually PM you to see if you're just idling without minimizing. To sum this all up for you, Crew members make mistakes and don't always check #LVP.Echo or /locate to make sure you're paused, but also if you don't reply to the PM when neither paused nor minimized, you just might get kicked (Bad timing :P). I have made this mistake in the past, but I'm now checking /locate before I kick for idling. :+ I hope I've cleared some things up for you, bud. :)

Thanks & Take Care!

~ Justin (A.K.A. TEF)
I kicked you last night, but tried to contact you and wait a few for a response.  Sorry :)
maybe there could be an /away command? That would allow you to give a comment on where you went, how long, ect. So if you going to be away for like 5 minutes or so...
I've send you a PM the other day about this matter with some things explained.

@[Griffin]: Or just add that in /pause. Also, after reading Dionysios' post I thought it might be good for admins to have the possibility to see how long someone is actually idling. As he said, he got kicked 3 times while he was away for a couple of minutes. In my PM to him, I said that he probably played for more than an hour and the mod/admin who kicked him thought he was idling for longer due to that.
lol...
:)

[modbreak]Stop replying with useless shit[/modbreak]
Maybe crew should have a /paused function?
Maybe some crew members should stop being idle-kick horny.
We have 150 player slots, and ~50 players average. Who f*ck*ng cares if we have 10 idlers for a few minutes, or even a hour. Enough room for 100 other players.
Best solution ever.
The problem is that ppl can pause for 5+ hrs straight and gain tons of hours and already have their next plus point without even touching the keyboard. It seems unfair for that to occur, so we started kicking for being idle. But now we've started kicking way too early and i can see that now so ill make sure its 30+min of idling :P
Mods / admins: read this topic: http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=10755.0

Players: read this topic: http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=10756.0