Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

COVID-19
Let's get LVP active again, i'm sure you all have lots of time on your hands with the on-going Covid-19 pandemic!
Sure mate , Be online always . I'm sure we'll meet again .
(04-09-2020, 10:53 AM)dyNamo Wrote: Let's get LVP active again, i'm sure you all have lots of time on your hands with the on-going Covid-19 pandemic!

Yo, can you (or anyone else here) tell me if GTA SA/SA-MP runs on Windows 10 without any problems?
I never tried it since I got this PC with Windows 10 and I'm too lazy to do some research atm tbh.

But I can definitely imagine joining a few times, especially if I see some of the old and cool people from back then. 8)
It's running just fine on W10 for me :)
(04-09-2020, 08:46 PM)Joe Wrote: It's running just fine on W10 for me :)

Ok nice, I'd say I was a little bit less lucky then. :'(

Installing GTA SA from CD was the easiest part but the game didn't start until I activated compatibility mode and set it to "Windows XP".
The next problem was that my mouse didn't work ingame except for moving it around in the pause menu. After some research I found a .dll file that had to be copied into the main folder which indeed fixed it.

After installing SA-MP and trying to join the server the game crashed everytime I started it. I wasn't sure if I had the correct Client because at first I downloaded the latest version on sa-mp.com which was 0.3.7-R4. Checking LVPs main page I noticed that there's version 0.3.7 available but the game still kept crashing at the SA-MP loading screen. For some reason I had the idea to run SA-MP as administrator which suddenly made the game start withouth crashing. After all that the game seems to run fine now too. 8)7 :D 

I'll check LVP every now and then and might join if there are some people around but I'm not really sure if I remember the correct ingame password. ;(
Hello y'all!
(04-10-2020, 01:34 PM)David_GER Wrote: After installing SA-MP and trying to join the server the game crashed everytime I started it. I wasn't sure if I had the correct Client because at first I downloaded the latest version on sa-mp.com which was 0.3.7-R4. Checking LVPs main page I noticed that there's version 0.3.7 available but the game still kept crashing at the SA-MP loading screen. For some reason I had the idea to run SA-MP as administrator which suddenly made the game start withouth crashing. After all that the game seems to run fine now too. 8)7 :D 

This indeed is a compatibility issue that windows 10 has started making it for decade old games like GTA San Andreas. Well, your game seems to run fine but for others who are still facing this issue, don't be sad. I have a solution for this problem.

Go to your game folder and click on gta_sa.exe and open properties and select compatibility tab. In there, check in compatibility box and select Windows 98 / Windows Me option and apply the settings. Then select your samp.exe and enter its properties and then compatibility tab. In there, just check in the box stating to run it as administrator and apply settings. Your game should be able to work smoothly and fine as in the past without any issues.

I hope this might help a lot of players.
(04-10-2020, 01:34 PM)David_GER Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:46 PM)Joe Wrote: It's running just fine on W10 for me :)

Ok nice, I'd say I was a little bit less lucky then. :'(

Installing GTA SA from CD was the easiest part but the game didn't start until I activated compatibility mode and set it to "Windows XP".
The next problem was that my mouse didn't work ingame except for moving it around in the pause menu. After some research I found a .dll file that had to be copied into the main folder which indeed fixed it.

After installing SA-MP and trying to join the server the game crashed everytime I started it. I wasn't sure if I had the correct Client because at first I downloaded the latest version on sa-mp.com which was 0.3.7-R4. Checking LVPs main page I noticed that there's version 0.3.7 available but the game still kept crashing at the SA-MP loading screen. For some reason I had the idea to run SA-MP as administrator which suddenly made the game start withouth crashing. After all that the game seems to run fine now too. 8)7 :D 

I'll check LVP every now and then and might join if there are some people around but I'm not really sure if I remember the correct ingame password. ;(

Hey, If you need help let me know as I got a download file from Darkie that is a quick download and just extract>install sa-mp and play. I am playing on win10 without any problems :+