Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Is your server lagging deeply?
Me being a SA:MP scripter I like to sometimes browse hacking sites for the sake of scripting protections, and recently I noticed, and tested (on my own server) a new Server crasher that basically, when running on a server, causes a lot of server lag, which also explains what has been happening to Las Venturas Playground! Hopefully, in future SA:MP versions there will be protection stopping this sort of thing. There is no way, scripting wise, of stopping or detecting this sort of thing! What does kill it however, is a gamemode restart. So if it happenes to you, restart your gamemode!

Just wanted to clear that up for any server owners out there!

Jay
Hmm, do you have some.. general info bout that?
Because I know there are some crashers available, but they don't really cause lag afaik.
I have a link to a downloadable version, if you would test for yourself, pm me.

But, I will only give it away to people who I personally know and can trust!
(04-21-2008, 03:31 PM)Nakebod link Wrote: cause lag afaik.
Isn't that just the bot one? :o

8)
I dont know about Nakebods, but mine isn't. Ive also just noticed some ddos attackersĀ  :'(
(04-21-2008, 03:40 PM)oostcoast link Wrote: Isn't that just the bot one? :o

8)

Hmm, I dunno... if it's the same bot we are talking about, it is not crashing/lagging LVP more then the lag we "normally" have.
Connects 16 bots, by name of Rocky Carl Spiderman etc.
Hmm, 16? Oh well, by the time the 8th bot is connected to LVP it's banned already :+
Noo, I was describing the bot one, Not the one that causes lag
(04-21-2008, 03:45 PM)Jay link Wrote: Ive also just noticed some ddos attackersĀ  :'(

Ddos? You know you'd have to trojan a bunch of computers in order to get a botnet with ddos capabilities, right?

One single application can't perform a ddos without trojaned computers. :)