Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[unbanned]Superjump bug
Nickname: [H]Infamous
Date of the ban: 2008-03-05, 22:26
Suspected Reason: Super jump
Your IP address: 85.147.152.14

Hello dear LVP admins/mods/etc. etc.,

I got banned about 10 minutes ago, because I was jumping higher than what is allowed.
I just came back, after being afk for ~1 hour, and when I came back, [H]WLproxy told me he had discovered a jump-bug,
and he wanted to show me what is was, and how to do it, so we went to a virtual world, he changed the gravity and we got back to world 0 (while we were in a car).

Then, when we were back in world 0, the gravity was still put on a different value, so I was able to jump for ~10 seconds.

I jumped a couple of times, infront of the ship, and over the ship, and on the ship and infront of Xen0n and Scartissue,
they both saw me do it, so they could have gave me a warning via PM.
I didn't know it is not allowed, because if I did, I wouldn't have showed 2 admins I can do it. So..

Is it really that hard to tell people something isn't allowed, before you ban them?

Pic:

[Image: superjump.jpg]

I think the lovely admin who banned me should've warned me to stop doing it, because I didn't know it isn't allowed to do.

Thanks,

-[H]Infamous.
I know of this, or a very similar bug.

http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=5371.0 <<< Similar, but not quite it.

I believe he should be unbanned.

Take Care & I Hope This Gets Solved!

~ Justin (A.K.A. TEF)
Hello.  I'm the admin that banned you.

Quote:[H]WLproxy told me he had discovered a jump-bug

Per the Las Venturas Playground rules, bugging is NOT allowed!  You have been playing on LVP for 579 hours and 37 minutes and should know that bug abuse is not acceptable.  This issue is not about being warned... it's about your blatant disregard for the rules of the server. 

You will be unbanned in 3 days.
Hello dear admin that banned me, I'm sorry but I can't agree with you.

I have been playing on LVP for 579 hours and 37 minutes, so I know bug abusing is not allowed, but what I didn't know is that others people/admins already knew about it,
so I went to the ship to show it to you or Scartissue. You really think I'm that stupid, to go and bugabuse infront of 2 admins? :?

If I knew this was already discovered by someone, I would've done it somewhere else, like in the desert or something, or simply just in another virtual world.

I jumped at least 10 times infront of you and Scartissue, so it looked like I wanted to show you something, but what did I got back for being so nice to show you I discovered something, was a three days ban..?!

All I can say is: What-the-f*ck?
How hard can it be to realize it is not allowed. I assume you are not retarded, mentally disabled or physically less fortunate.

Just use your common sense and don't abuse the bug. Come to the forums and be a good boy to report it over here.

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO USE YOUR FUCKING COMMON SENSE ???

I have to go with Xenon on this one, 3 days, then come back

Deaken out.
(03-05-2008, 10:47 PM)theInfamous link Wrote: Hello dear admin that banned me, I'm sorry but I can't agree with you.

I have been playing on LVP for 579 hours and 37 minutes, so I know bug abusing is not allowed, but what I didn't know is that others people/admins already knew about it,
so I went to the ship to show it to you or Scartissue. You really think I'm that stupid, to go and bugabuse infront of 2 admins? :?

If I knew this was already discovered by someone, I would've done it somewhere else, like in the desert or something, or simply just in another virtual world.

I jumped at least 10 times infront of you and Scartissue, so it looked like I wanted to show you something, but what did I get back for being that nice to show you I discovered something, a three days ban.

All I can say is: What-the-f*ck?

next time first draw their attention and tell them what happend? instead of jumping like a stoned rabbit in front of 2 admins.
(03-05-2008, 10:50 PM)Deaken link Wrote: next time first draw their attention and tell them what happend? instead of jumping like a stoned rabbit in front of 2 admins.

Dude, I'm telling you I didn't know it was already discovered: I wouldn't have done it if I knew 'super-jumping' is not allowed.

Come on, I've been playing here for 580 hours, and you still want to ban me for three days because of something I didn't know?

But yeah, you're totally right dude, I was stupid enough at that moment and I was so excited about it that I didn't thought of telling it before doing it. :P

I'm sorry.
(03-05-2008, 10:42 PM)Xen0n link Wrote: This issue is not about being warned... it's about your blatant disregard for the rules of the server

You must be kidding me, right?

I've been following the rules exactly 100% for the past 579 hours and 37 minutes!

I never got banned before for something wrong which isn't allowed, which I did!

My 'blatant disregard for the rules of the server'? WTF DUDE?!

(03-05-2008, 10:47 PM)Deaken link Wrote: I assume you are not retarded, mentally disabled or physically less fortunate.

Wow, that's really nice, comparing me to retarded, mentally disabled or physically less fortunate people..

But eh, does it look like I am ''retarded, mentally disabled or physicalyl less fortunate'' after playing 100% by the rules for 580 hours?

Well, to be honest, I think I'm retarted for wasting 580 hours, but from an admin point of view, I think I behaved perfect for the past 580 hours.

Edit: Damn, double post. :r
Defining this as "bugging" is plausible at most, it's pretty much in the grey zone. Stating that this is considered as bug abusing, what else is? GTA's own bug which allows you to jump ~10 units on a BMX, accidential gravity desync's or one of the famous vehicle desyncs in SA-MP 0.2.2?

How exactly was theInfamous abusing this? Was it to jump on the masts of the ship? Or some other non-abusing reason? I'm not going to interfere with the length of this ban, however, I really do think this needs proper discussing before a final verdict can take place. On top of that, cut the bold text, all of you. Immediatly insulting eachother is not nessesary, and theInfamous did not "disrespect" the server rules and generally chill down.
Thanks for the reply Peter. :D

But I wanted to ask you guys something:

You guys call this bug-abusing, right?

How did I ''abuse'' it?

Did I use it to kill other players (if so, I want to see the log of me killing people by jumping on top of them or something), or did I use it to travel much faster..?

Can someone please explain to me why they're saying I was ''abusing'' this bug?

-Infa