Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

./lock
A known bug in LVP that has never really been looked into is the /lock command.

Basically, when you /lock your vehicle, and taxi out of it, teleport out of it, or even fall of it in a bikes case, the vehicle will remain locked. This is due to the fact that after studying the LVP Sourcecode, It only unlocks your vehicle under the OnPlayerExitVehicle callback, which is not very accurate at all.

It should unlock the vehicle under the OnPlayerStateChange callback :/

If none of the developers are concentrating on LVP 2.x, I'll fix it if you want.
(03-05-2008, 12:23 AM)Jay link Wrote: A known bug in LVP that has never really been looked into is the /lock command.

Basically, when you /lock your vehicle, and taxi out of it, teleport out of it, or even fall of it in a bikes case, the vehicle will remain locked. This is due to the fact that after studying the LVP Sourcecode, It only unlocks your vehicle under the OnPlayerExitVehicle callback, which is not very accurate at all.

It should unlock the vehicle under the OnPlayerStateChange callback :/

If none of the developers are concentrating on LVP 2.x, I'll fix it if you want.

(03-05-2008, 12:23 AM)Jay link Wrote: It should unlock the vehicle under the OnPlayerStateChange callback :/

(03-05-2008, 12:23 AM)Jay link Wrote: If none of the developers are concentrating on LVP 2.x, I'll fix it if you want.

(03-05-2008, 12:23 AM)Jay link Wrote: I'll fix it if you want.

:>

On a more serious note, I haven't seen many problems with this. I don't think it's a priority problem.
old news too.
still, its a bug, Jay offered to fix it.
I don't have any problems with that...

8)
Ive had problems with it D:

Took me ages finding that bike, some nub was gunna jack it, So I locked it, later, I fell off o/
Seen this problem a lot with people asking me to unlock a heli.

Jay » I'd say, fix it and give it to a dev? :)
Thanks for the report, and it's clear what to do -- no further discussion is required.

You know where to contact the devs Jay, and you can pretty much fix this yourself. :Y)

Locked.