Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

More problems
hello guys and girls,well im having some problems on all servers(but lvp is the main one i play :)) ,trying to be clever(but probably more stupid than ever),i decided to wipe gta off my pc and reinstall it( i had a problem with tune up garages,the game would crash),so unistalled it,then reinstalled and was thinking how clever i am 4 an old man,then bingo,the game runs  like super fast,so unistalled it and reinstalled it,but still it runs to fast and the only way i can run the game is to go into gta properties and change its setting to run in windows 98 mode,but this slows it down to much,then all of a sudden it run fine for a bit then goes back to high speed,so here's some question's.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Could it be my new graphics card (nividia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb)?

Or could it be my pc needs formatting(i don't really wont to format it,cos i haven't touched it since i got it like 2 years ago)?
any help would be appreciated guys and girls

(ps if i have posted this in the wrong place, admin plz move it thank you)
(02-29-2008, 06:14 PM)loonlyrider link Wrote: and was thinking how clever i am 4 an old man,then bingo,the game runs  like super fast,

Guys tend to grow out of saying 'like' when they're 17/18- and by the looks of your avatar you are a guy.
Just saying.

It wouldn't be your graphics card. It's powerful, but it won't make the game run double as fast.
Just try reinstalling it again, but don't muck around with any funny installation settings.
Then install sa-mp 0.2.2.

If none of that works, someone else may have the answer.
For the game running too fast thing, do you have the FPS cap set on or off?
(03-01-2008, 02:49 AM)cloakster link Wrote: For the game running too fast thing, do you have the FPS cap set on or off?

Where can you set that?
Wot is fps cap,i have no idea.so that makes two of us Maddolis

i have decided to buy a ext. hard, back up my files and format the pc,then reload everything back on and see if that works.

strange thing is i went on there this morning and it was fine,then disconnected and rejoined and it went fast mode again,so im lost?

Cheers Maddolis you're right and i shouldn't be saying things like like,so i will use it no longer  :)
im old enough to no better lol
just thought id put a post on here,formated the pc and reloaded everything back on and installed gta then sa-mp and the games now runs fine,so all is fine.
But would still like to no wot FPS is ???
FPS means frames per second -- the higher the frames per second rate, the more smooth games appear.
oh ok,thanxs for that,but surely it doesnt mater when you are playing on line,cos youll only get wot is sent to you via the net,crappy uk broadband lol