Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Teleport Inc.
Hey everyone!

Teleport Inc.
Seeing as the DM part in LVP is growing quite large, I thought it might be nice to have a property like Teleport Inc.

What should it do?
Well next to the usual earnings, you can limit another person from teleporting at a high cost, like 2 mil per minute.

DM Properties
Properties that are more focussed on DM would be a great idea in my opinion
Those who are less great with the guns but who know all about the property market should be able to get in gangs more easily. You'll get a smart cooperation between gunners who can protect the properties and the people with "the money" while they play the property game and make sure the gang gets the most advantage compared to other gangs

Well that's my 2 cents :P

Have fun and see you in game!
I had a same sort of idea, but then I had the principal of working with toll boots.
Just code the Golden Gate bridge in San Fierro as a toll area, just the principal as entering the LV Airport, and paying custom tax.
Everytime a person crosses the bridge, they pay a certain amount of money, and this will actually be received by the owner of the property. Also note that the owner will ONLY make profit by tolls, not by any other lame, fictional funds  :) .

I think this can be easily realized, just look at the Golden Gate bridge ingame, you'll see it already has unused toll booths  ;)
I'm pretty sure the toll booth idea was being or is implemented in 0.3
(03-02-2007, 02:54 AM)!damo!spiderman link Wrote:I'm pretty sure the toll booth idea was being or is implemented in 0.3

I take it that by 0.3, you mean LVP 3.0  ;)

/edit:
anywho, I really think that the property system in 3.0 must become more realstic in making profits etc. By that I especially mean that profits don't dissapear out of nothing. For example; when you'll buy the Ammuntion Inc., you'll only make profit by the money that people actually spend on weapon's. By that way you'll get a clearer view of how much money we actually spend on weapon's, and the whole thing of making money become's more simillar to real life.
Yeah, I'd like this.

I'd like also for properties to be a safe-zone for yourself, so you can go in there and hang out when you are done with the fighting. If someone wants to buy the property, they need to work it out with you - at the end of a gun if need be.

Having gangs incorporated in the whole property scheme would be good. There would be no gang base, but bases dotted around - can be taken over in the same way as normal properties. A whole gang storming the base, and holding the leader at gunpoint. Now that would be fun! Having interiors for these bases would be cool, even if they don't quite match up. Not sure if there are enough interiors to do this mind, but we'll see. I'm sure maybe in SA-MP 0.2 we could create building interiors? Just bunch objects together in an empty interior ID? :)

Maybe, over the next few weeks, we could see a few beta tests? Like everyone gets to try out a new property scheme for a few hours, and can give feedback. SA-MP 0.2 wouldn't be required for a small beta test, not to test the features but the ideas, to see if they become popular or not. This would help LVP 3.00 be more suited to us, and would let us give you some ideas we might see. The more ideas to pick from, the merrier :)

-tj
Wow!

Really good idea, but you have to limit it too (so rich ppl can't block someone for teleporting over 15 mins)
You could use this idea ( people blocking the possibilities of other players) for many different things  :)

See y'all in game!
Haha, yeah having someone change the tp times would be a nice feature :7
Hit me earlier - controlling the minigames more. Maybe there would be a (very hard to script) thing where you could make your own races? :D

-tj
in 3.0 admins can make their own races on the fly.
8)