Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Bots in SA-MP
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bots+sa-mp

Damn, they were faster than me, i was coding a bot too :(
I'll wait for 0.2!
Yeah it's nice. I've been in a server that had bots. They only walk around though. But easy targetsĀ  O-)
Bots would be good for NPC like activities - like driving buses around LVP etc. :p

-tj
It would be awesome, but an extremely hard task to do.
Let's say you decrypt raknet successfully and then interpret SAMP packets correctly. That's kind of easy, but it would be a complete pain in the ass to make the bot smart, having a relatively decent AI. The bot would have to understand the world around him. But it could be absolutely possible with a pre-defined path of actions, just as in Quake 3. (I say Quake 3 because that's my closest example of bot AI, I remember doing maps for Quake 3 and then having to compile the bot's "inteligence file", a computation of all possible paths in a map a bot could walk).
(02-27-2007, 01:59 AM)cannabis link Wrote:It would be awesome, but an extremely hard task to do.
Let's say you decrypt raknet successfully and then interpret SAMP packets correctly. That's kind of easy, but it would be a complete pain in the ass to make the bot smart, having a relatively decent AI. The bot would have to understand the world around him. But it could be absolutely possible with a pre-defined path of actions, just as in Quake 3. (I say Quake 3 because that's my closest example of bot AI, I remember doing maps for Quake 3 and then having to compile the bot's "inteligence file", a computation of all possible paths in a map a bot could walk).

Bots aren't that hard to create, download a copy of raknet, guess some of SA-MP's connection params, read the structs using a packet sniffer and re-implent them. Next you use raknet's BitStream using those structs and whoo, you're connected. Making the bot work is just catching and simulating the packet's SA-MP supports, which, since SA-MP's protocol isn't encrypted, isn't that hard either. Making them aim properly, aware of collisions and able to obey to the server's commands is a bit harder though, which most probably is the cause of Sirius' bots not supporting this.

:)
Bad thing is they will take away a player spot ;(
true but there's always at least 20 slots left on this server
Just synced moving cars and pedestrians would be fine.... If it was impossible :/
(02-27-2007, 01:49 PM)Deaken link Wrote:Just synced moving cars and pedestrians would be fine.... If it was impossible :/
Synced peds would suck... crash server preety fast. Each ped would be synced, so it would have to take up a player spot (just like all of us are synced). And tehre would be loads of vehicles.

IMO bots should be banned from LVP unless they are authorized by an admin... They would kill player spots and disobey admin's orders via main chat (they are bots, aren't they? :)).

-tj
Bots are nice, "played" a week ago on a server with bots, they are very easy killable :)
1 shot kills :)
Imagine how a uzi reacted at a line of bots ;-) Or the bots reacted at the uzi, depends how you look at it :D