Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S] Advertisement
Well Peter has recently announced that LVP has reached 30,000 Registered Members, and I was really amazed by that number. However, one thing I have noticed is the number of registered members in the forums.

There are 30,000 People registered with LVP, and less than 1750 Registered Forum Members.

Most of the time the forums is not very active, and it could be because of the lack of registered forum members.

So to get people familiar with the Forums, why not advertise the Forums Website on the server?

Could be something like: Visit: www.forum.sa-mp.nl
Or something more inviting.

The message could come up every 10 or 15 minutes. People would see the advertisement, and eventually visit the Forums. 8)
Have you been ingame in the past 1.5 years?
If so, you should have noticed 1 of our 6? newsmessages which is spammed once per 10 Minutes, random.
But i still agree, it's not really good advertising. One of six newsmessages is advertisement for the forum, so that's once every hour. That's not too much to be honest. It sure doesn't help getting more forum activity.
Code:
Most Online Today: 30. Most Online Ever: 120 (October 15, 2007, 10:38:18 PM)

I feel ill because this forum is so inactive

/sarcasm

most of the players don't want to visit the forums, they only come to the server to play sa-mp.
look @ the sa-mp forums, its the same.

there's no need to spam the chat so people will join the forums, they simply won't

8)
Just ban everybody on the server, then they will come to the forums for an unban. Problem solved :)
(01-29-2008, 08:19 AM)Nakebod link Wrote: Have you been ingame in the past 1.5 years?
If so, you should have noticed 1 of our 6? newsmessages which is spammed once per 10 Minutes, random.

I've never seen it 8)7. And frankly, if I haven't NOTICED it, then I would doubt NEW players would. This idea popped to me because I am sure that maybe there are times when people cannot play on the server, but they want to chat with their friends from LVP, so what better place than the LVP Forums.

And I know some people might say, "They can chat at IRC". But really, most online 120? This is just an idea to get the forums a little more active is all...
The problem is that it is only 1 line of chat every 60min. With 100+ players in the server, its very hard to notice that 1 line of chat.

My suggestion would be to have the advertising right below the chat box, like how the countdown's are shown. Would help so that it could stay there for a set amount of time and it would be very noticeable.
You could also change the constant "sa-mp.nl" picture to "forum.sa-mp.nl". Or you could add it to the welcome message when you join the server.
Not sure that's the best idea, what cloakster said should also be possible.
Well... if once per 10 minutes isn't enough for a random message..
What about our lovely top right corner? It shows sa-mp.nl already. And on that site you can access the forums.
And the site is there for a few months, and it is always visible.
Maybe add a smaller forum.sa-mp.nl link, but I doubt if that's gonna be a neat solution.
Other solution, if possible: 5 minutes sa-mp.nl, 5 minutes forum.sa-mp.nl...