Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Use of binds
Hi all,

Ingame I said I would make a topic about this so here it is.

Something really annoys and irritating me in the game. It's xxx and his binds. xxx always uses his binds when your fighting against him. He would a very good player if he wouldn't use those irritating binds (to not even talk about the auto-aim). He always (read: ALWAYS and ALWAYS and ALWAYS) teleports, taxi's and visits away out of a fight when he is almost dead. 8)7

I asked several admins and they say that the use of binds is not allowed. An admin also told be that it's hard to check if he is using binds. But beside that using binds is forbidden, this is also destroying the fun of the battle's and it's frustrating people. People get angry and flaming against xxx while other people have to read such a insults. :(

Why can't admins just stay at the battle as spectator for some times to see the prove that he is using binds? :?

Maybe the following idea would be good. What if there will be a new rule implanted. The rule would be that you can't use teleport, carteleport or do /visit if you are being hit 30 secs ago. So you only can tp or ctp when you are not in a fight. This surely would help.

Else could admins be more alerter or try to find out to prevent bind users? Thanks a lot! :)

Edit: cencored it a bit, no need to get personal. tHC
Anyone that uses a joystick, and type stuff and leave it on the screen while moving - so it may not be keybinds.

But yeah, I agree keybinds are lame. Except if we put this rule in, how far will it go? People would complaing saying it wasn't 30 seconds, and they could run away for a while before teleporting. I tend to run back to the pirate ship, as everyone does, if I'm nearly dead. I teleport out of fights if they are unfair (full armour vs low hp for instance), or desynced.

-tj
what are binds????????
Binds (or keybinds) allow a player to press a single button in order to teleport, taxi or dive. In fact it can be any command, but assigning these commands to a key gives a player an unfair advantage. It is also very lame, especially during fights. The use of keybinds on LVP is forbidden. I have also witnessed a player using them and he has been warned several times not to use them again. It is pretty obvious when someone is using them as they seem to disappear whilst they are still running.
If you're positive he is using it you can ban. Key binds are NOT allowed!
Binds are also known as "hotkeys".  Basically, macros set up to execute a command that would normally take a number of keystrokes, into a single key.  I really don't know of any way to check for these, however, other than a very obvious and repeated speed of an action.  For example, one time I was in the admin room, and a player teleported to me.  We know that when a non-admin player does that, they just fall thru the floor.  This player, however, did it very fast.  Several times per second.  Fast enough that he was able to punch me during the second (or less) that he was there.  Very obvious hotkey use, and he was banned.  But other than cases like that, there isn't anything we can do to be positive that hotkeys (binds) are in use. 

Katie  :w 

Sorry, but banning hotkeys is just  :r
That's why they're built on gaming keyboards  :+

On the other hand, forbidding the use of teleporting over and over is reasonable...
Banning macro keys is not.
Imho, binds are like exploits. You abuse the fact that you can throw out commands with one simple click. They are allowed in some online games, but also banned in alot. Remember counterstrike where they've got a build-in system to create binds to buy gear&guns for example? That's how it should be used, and not to escape from a fight within a second.
Earlier people also used it to buy weapons in ammunation, we also told them not to use it, and devs build in the [amount] addition.
I think binds give an unfair advantage to players and are lame.

Oh and the reason those gaming keyboards excist is because there's this supply and demand thingy going on in the world ;)
You explained it well [GoT]coolkast. I don't have problems with it if someone uses it for buying weapons because that could just be handy. But escaping from a fight when you're almost dead is just unfair.

But as you say, binds shouldn't be used at all, that will make all players even. :)
True, I did not mean for exploiting them.. just using them such as buying weapons etc. ;)