Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Post your computr spec here!
Very nice Hitman :Y
Alienware Area 51 Quadcore Flagship

CPU:Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX9770 3.2GHz 12MB Cache 1600MHz FSB 
GPU:Dual 2GB GDDR5 ATI® Radeon® HD 4870 X2 with CrossFireX™ and Quad GPU Technology
RAM:4GB† Patriot EP+ Low Latency Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 x 2048MB
MOBO:NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI
HDD:1TB (2 x 500GB) SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 2 x 16MB Cache
DVD:Drive 1: 20X Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
      Drive 2: Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
NETCARD:Killer K1 Gaming Network Interface Card   
Sorry Madddogg, but you got owned brutally.

You say you have  2  HD 4870 X2s ?  Nice, but they wont work on a nVidia Mainboard Chip.

The nForce-Mainboards from NVidia only support SLI, but not CrossFire. For CrossFire you need a mainboard with Intel or AMD chipset. So you wasted alot of money, because your PC cant use the second X2. Hehe

(i doubt that you own that system anyways)
The only person(s) I got owned by is Alienware you just alerted me of it. I just posted what is on my buildsheet and yes i have the system im going to look into this. If what you say is true I thank you because I now have a new Nvidia paperweight.

edit:   Thanks To ATIs Composite Video Engine it makes there Cards run on
      any Motherboard with Dual PCIE graphic slots...

Research before you OWN 8)7
(11-04-2008, 06:19 PM)(UvH)Hitman link Wrote: Sorry Madddogg, but you got owned brutally.

You say you have  2  HD 4870 X2s ?  Nice, but they wont work on a nVidia Mainboard Chip.

The nForce-Mainboards from NVidia only support SLI, but not CrossFire. For CrossFire you need a mainboard with Intel or AMD chipset. So you wasted alot of money, because your PC cant use the second X2. Hehe

(i doubt that you own that system anyways)

hitman please tell me ur not from systemwars  8)7
(11-04-2008, 07:43 PM)MaDd_DoGg link Wrote: The only person(s) I got owned by is Alienware you just alerted me of it. I just posted what is on my buildsheet and yes i have the system im going to look into this. If what you say is true I thank you because I now have a new Nvidia paperweight.

edit:   Thanks To ATIs Composite Video Engine it makes there Cards run on
      any Motherboard with Dual PCIE graphic slots...

Research before you OWN 8)7

Hehe, i think you got it wrong. Ofcourse the driver makes your cards run on ANY motherboard. But not in the CrossFire mode. its like 2 seperate cards (so you could use multiple displays, like 4 monitors or something ). They wont combine their power in games. For that Crossfire you need a Crossfire-Mainboard (Intel X38/X48)

PS: Look in your taskbar, there should be a symbol of "CCC or ATI Catalyst Control Center, thats the driver for AMD/ATI cards. You will find the crossfire-function disabled and you cant enable it, simply because your motherboard doesnt support crossfire. It supports more than 1 card, but they wont combine the power in CF mode.
[Image: Nerds.jpg]
(11-05-2008, 11:36 AM)(UvH)Hitman link Wrote: PS: Look in your taskbar, there should be a symbol of "CCC or ATI Catalyst Control Center, thats the driver for AMD/ATI cards. You will find the crossfire-function disabled and you cant enable it, simply because your motherboard doesnt support crossfire. It supports more than 1 card, but they wont combine the power in CF mode.

You are absolutely, right time for a new motherboard 8)7

Anyone need a new 790i mobo, only slightly used. ;)
Edit: It's always nice to have someone around who knows way more than you do. I am no noob but, I also am no expert 8)
[Image: my.pc.jpg]

hopefully i get it by 2009(keep dreaming gang_lord  :z)
(11-05-2008, 12:49 PM)Gang_Lord link Wrote: [Image: my.pc.jpg]

hopefully i get it by 2009(keep dreaming gang_lord  :z)

I lol'd at this leet machine , and then you smack me in the face with "i hope i get this some day" _O-