Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

the /top function bias.
erm idk how it all works and shit, but lemme first start by

[Image: sa-mp-229.png]

when i look at this, i immidiatly think its major BS

i mean the top damage is mightyQ w/ like almost 400k damage, i dont think thats in the past week or something, neither are the kills + gangs etc

create a timer or something, or atleast make it refresh more then just this, just this points the fingers at yeah they did the most, overall  i mean idk how i feel about it.

i would like to see maybe a more frequency bias, eventually week split top systems just like dracoblue's (the absolute legends!) frequency system, doesnt have to be that dedicated but meh, this just looks half assed

i mean like 4 categories just doesnt really do it, i also find the accuracy stat/top thing 2 be just a whole pot of debateble stuff (i dont think its relevent because ratios could be off and like people could prolly fraud this system how it is right now

your sincerely greyfox

shoutout my boy SAND, i mean few weeks ago he was just annoying now he's everybody's friend !
(08-03-2020, 02:54 AM)Greyfox Wrote: i would like to see maybe a more frequency bias, eventually week split top systems just like dracoblue's (the absolute legends!) frequency system, doesnt have to be that dedicated but meh, this just looks half assed

It's exactly updated every week. Only that the players/gangs that top these lists are some of the most active ones, thus the variations are small.

(08-03-2020, 02:54 AM)Greyfox Wrote: i mean like 4 categories just doesnt really do it, i also find the accuracy stat/top thing 2 be just a whole pot of debateble stuff (i dont think its relevent because ratios could be off and like people could prolly fraud this system how it is right now
Well what more would you like to add for example?

- Sure, the numbers can be manipulated, however imo it's nice to have them, not that everyone will constantly keep trying to cheat the system so that he can get nothing in return. :+
Hey Greyfox,

I think there are three things to distill here.

Firstly, in regards to recency of the data, the feature strictly considers the last 168 hours of data. Everything else is discarded.

Secondly, in regards to creating a bias, I think this works both ways: it's really hard to find metrics that are entirely fair. For example, we discard players with less than 500 shots for the accuracy rankings because it'd be super easy to game without that. We display all considered metrics to make this transparent to you. Conversely, it indeed does seem to motivate certain people to play in a certain way. Holsje filed a ticket for this:

https://github.com/LVPlayground/playground/issues/769

Finally, in regards to having more dashboards, yeah, I'm fully with you on that one :) Would love to hear your ideas, I'm personally thinking of things like property income, stunt bonuses and perhaps collectables, which are other categories many players focus on. Perhaps something like "chat activity" would also be cool.

Thanks,
Russell