Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Spawnkilling
Thumbs Down 
Code:
As per my observations lately, this seems to be a growing trend on LVP. Some players purposely spawn near their houses each time and let their opponents kill them, so that they get an opportunity to report for spawn killing. This is just wrong.

I checked the IRC logs and 4rjan did start 10 second countdowns to give you an opportunity to escape. In this window of time, you can easily taxi, teleport, dive, or spawn a vehicle in order to get away. You can't stay at your spawn-point indefinitely and expect someone not to kill you. If you are unable to pay full attention to the game due to other reasons (such as a phone call, as you mentioned), it isn't unreasonable for us to expect you to at least pause or minimize your game, or stay in an interior or on the ship. Otherwise, you're pretty much inviting people to kill you.

No action will be taken against 4rjan since he did nothing wrong.

In the future, make sure you attach video evidence when reporting players for spawn killing.

I want to point out that the 10 second rule for spawn killing is not a big enough time span to actually do a taxi, teleport, dive, spawn vehicle.
This because you can't use these commands while you are getting attacked, even after death.
(03-06-2018, 10:21 AM)4rjan Wrote:
Code:
As per my observations lately, this seems to be a growing trend on LVP. Some players purposely spawn near their houses each time and let their opponents kill them, so that they get an opportunity to report for spawn killing. This is just wrong.

I checked the IRC logs and 4rjan did start 10 second countdowns to give you an opportunity to escape. In this window of time, you can easily taxi, teleport, dive, or spawn a vehicle in order to get away. You can't stay at your spawn-point indefinitely and expect someone not to kill you. If you are unable to pay full attention to the game due to other reasons (such as a phone call, as you mentioned), it isn't unreasonable for us to expect you to at least pause or minimize your game, or stay in an interior or on the ship. Otherwise, you're pretty much inviting people to kill you.

No action will be taken against 4rjan since he did nothing wrong.

In the future, make sure you attach video evidence when reporting players for spawn killing.

I want to point out that the 10 second rule for spawn killing is not a big enough time span to actually do a taxi, teleport, dive, spawn vehicle.
This because you can't use these commands while you are getting attacked, even after death.

Thanks for pointing it out. In that case, you should give players more time to escape once they spawn.
I am not going to give players more time to escape.
The rule needs to be changed.
(03-06-2018, 03:32 PM)4rjan Wrote: I am not going to give players more time to escape.
The rule needs to be changed.

It's not a written rule, it's a matter of common sense. If you don't allow players to escape unharmed by not giving them sufficient time, it is considered to be spawn killing; and doing so will have consequences.