Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ban system
Hello,
I was reading Jasmine's topic in the general talk forum, and a comment left by Shark got me thinking

This 3 day ban system is unfair. Unfair why? I remember when my brother was banned, he got 1 month (he was unsynced therefore had weapons on the ship, and he got busted once with aimbot). Players earlier got permanent bans for cheating. The administration has become too friendly with the cheaters, why do you think the server is infested them ? They surely think "oh well 3 days it's nothing". I know it seems "rude" to want and get people banned for longer, but think about it. Admins give a warn by kicking the players asking them to remove the cheats (I honestly don't care about this part, I think it's kinda okay), but then if a cheater comes back, he only gets 3 day, after being warned ? Like Meltdown said in the same topic, this is in fact inciting the players to cheat in a way...

Please think about this. (I don't mean to make the perma-ban system back, just like at least a month so we can be sure they'll learn their lesson.)
The kick for a warning part, I rarely do that and often just get the banhammer as bans are so short anyway.

On the ban duration, 3 days is the standard time if we don't specify a time. I do agree it should be longer.
Hey there, Harambe!

Apologies for the delay in any official response, but as you might have guessed, ban lengths are totally up to the crew. That is to say, 3 days is certainly the norm, but it can vary. For any first-time offender, there will always be a warning; from there, however, it becomes a little less clear. Specific ban lengths do nobody any good due to how dynamic behavior, personalities, and situations are.

Thank you for your concern!